* Dow hits 3.5 year high!
* World Record : 8.6 ounce baby doing well ... "baby has fraternal twin sister – both are doing well" (~3 months old now)
* Iraq: Attack on U.S. Base in Iraq Kills 22 ... wounds 50 ... Ansar al-Sunnah claims responsibility. Our prayers and grievances ... CNN reports that the 22 included "U.S. troops, members of the Iraqi national guard, and Iraqi civilians" ... UPDATE:19 US dead ...
* Border Patrol hails new ID system ... "identified and arrested 23,502 persons with criminal records"
* Iraq: Warplanes, Terrorists, Pipelines
* Cel Phone radiation killing your DNA? ... "the cells showed a significant increase in single and double-strand DNA breaks"
* Aleve killing your heart? ... I'm gonna stick with good old aspirin, which is good for your heart :)
* Amber Alert issued in FLA ... "4-year-old boy allegedly abducted by his father after a violent confrontation with the boy’s mother"
* USCG searching for missing fisherman ... 1 found, 5 missing
* More arrests in Md's largest-ever Arson case ... and some of them have waived their Miranda Rights (makes it easier!)
* All-in-One, Once-a-day AIDS pill?
* Some thoughts on Social Security ... "I've always thought that the Social Security debate is weirdly attenuated. To me, the most basic point is that a person should OWN his or her retirement account, as I do mine, and as all upper-middle income Americans do. Social Security is a diabolically inadequate program: if you die, the "contributions" you've made to the system are forfeited, and your heirs are out of luck."
* What media bias?
* 'Blue' Court hands Bush a victory in the war on terror? ... "an important win in the War on Terror today by reinstating indictments against seven defendants accused of raising money for a terror organization"
* Busted : Hog-Dogging ... 'Hog-Dogging', that is the second most repulsive thing I have heard of
* Don't lie, especially for a get-out-of-jury excuse
* 4yr old boy killed by bus while sledding ... grievances to his family. And a warning to everyone else - sledding in your driveway is not too safe
* Cisco buys Protego ... $65M for security startup
* Someone needs help ... not blegging for money, just for some Health Insurance info
* Don't threaten the police with scissors, even if you are in a wheelchair ... or you might get tasered
* Parenting is an experiment that you only get one chance to do right ... EXCELLENT read, with postulates such as "Old fashioned, uncompromising discipline works"
* Altered stem cells offer cystic fibrosis hope ... NOT ESCR!
* Timothy (my name) means "honoring God" ... "Timothy was a companion of Saint Paul on his missionary journeys and was the recipient of two of Paul's epistles which appear in the New Testament. According to tradition, he was martyred at Ephesus after protesting the worship of Artemis." ... i was all with that, until the martyrdom part - perhaps we can push that back a few more years?
* Good Math Teacher
* Some thoughts on al-Zarqawi
* UK gov embraces 3 month email retention policy
* WalMart announces $498 laptop ... VIA CPU, 128MB RAM, 14.1" ... low-end, but what do you expect?
* WEP and PPTP crackers updated/released
* Hippos are cannibalistic?
* nVidia brings Home-Theater to your PC ... "PureVideo"
* Some changes in Knoppix ... diverging into 'light' (CD) and 'max' (DVD) versions
* Heart Rhythms - Circadian in Nature
* Shrink Wrap License - going down! ... about time!
* More on Titan
* Iraq: Two weeks of good news?
* More thoughts on Clarence Thomas
* No Benefits for Illegal Aliens in Cali ... "would bar the Legislature from granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants, and cut their access to professional or commercial licenses and higher education subsidies" ... Excellent, let's hope this happens!
* NSFW?: A little Kirsten Dunst for the troops? ... just a picture, but every bit counts (and we get to enjoy it as well)
* EU/UN = Surrender Monkeys? ... HAHAHHA, couldn't have said it better myself!
* Hillary slammed by her own constituents ... stop Hillary :)
* Kyoto is dead?
* Big Pharma being unjustly vilified?
* Healing the nation? ... "This is called "diversity," and it is why we are such a great nation - a nation that has given the world both nuclear weapons AND SpongeBob SquarePants"
* How Stuff Works ... interesting! ... especially How Hangovers Work :)
* Papers authored by Google Employees ... some good reads on a fair range of topics!
* Brain Explorer
* Car-2-Car WLAN by 2006?
* Cool fractal pix ... I love fractals
* Growing some optical computers
* IOmega unleashes 400GB HDD ... Firewire800 + USB2.0 interfaces
* Good financial role-model ... no credit card debt. One day I'll be in that club as well ...
* More thoughts on Rumsfeld ... "I also find it hard to believe that many people are impressed by the claim that the Secretary of Defense is insufficiently sensitive. That's pretty much what we want from those who run our wars." ... well-said!
* Richer Than Our Children? ... the Ponzi Scheme known as Social Security partially to blame
* Dead soldier's emails ... IMHO - Yahoo should 'sift' the account and then share it. One of the comments nailed it on the head - "When someone died in Vietnam we went through his effects and weeded out stuff we didn't think parents or wives should see (porno photos, etc.) before packing and shipping out the deceased's (sic)personal effects"
* Once and for all - No Tampering Found in Ohio
* Black minister: Say 'no' to Kwanzaa ... "Calls on blacks to celebrate Christmas, reject artificial holiday" ... Amen to that!
* The War on Christianity
* Some thoughts on a National Sales tax ... IMHO - a flat tax would be far superior!
* WiFi spotters
* Cool Science from Power Labs ... rail guns, turbines, lasers ...
* Need magnets?
* Drop in a street and see the aerial map of it ... Nice!
* True'ish: An Interview with Googlebot
* Great Barrier Reef becoming Aqua Fun Park
* New Drug Warning : Crack ... "Could cause users to become Ho's"
* Seniors for Pot
* Annan on the naughty list
* Arafat denies involvement with Resurrection Bombers
* Toy Drop injures dozens
* Ron Arrest ... subtle name change
* True'ish: Disturbing Auctions ... misc weird things
* True'ish: The Grinch who saved Christmas
* Flash-Game: Penguin Jumping ... my record = 26.7
... from Cao's blog