* Ground Hog Day, in fact - even the thought of it, is pretty inane. And FWIW, we have "6 more weeks of winter" coming. Shocker; given that it is all of 20 degrees outside now.
* More importantly - the State of the Union is tonight (in 30 minutes)!
* Although it pains me to give Clinton any credit for anything, aside from gratuitously abusing the office we (not me) elected him to, as a fiscal conservative I have to give a shout-out because 6 years ago (1998) he submitted a balanced federal budget for the first time in the US in 29 years. Not saying it was a good budget, but atleast it was balanced :).
* Gratuitous Blegging : Sign up for clickies, with me as your referrer:
* Comments on, and expectations of, the upcoming State of the Union
* Wictory Wednesday ... Tired of Democrat filibusters? If we pick up a few more Senate seats, they won’t matter anymore! You can help make that happen by donating to the National Republican Senatorial Committee, and - Wanna join, or see current members?
* DHS suffering from 'turf wars' ... shouldn't be a surprise, but it is a disappointment!
* Germany's unemployment hits 12.1% ... that is the Europe model, right?
* NYT says Dean is the DNC Chair ... partially because he sold this as a way to keep him out of the 2008 Presidential runnings ... oh, and I hate quoting the NYT('all the news thats fit to spin')! ... and remember - (cough) Bush is the divider!
* Wacko Jacko's ex-wife to be a witness - against Jackson!
* SBC axing 13k ... through attrition, not RIFs (and not until after the AT&T deal closes)
* Google hits $1B in revenue
* Adelphia going 'hard core'?
* Corporate Jet crashes into car, building during (failed) take-off attempt ... 14 injured, no deaths!
* Rabbi spreading herpes during circumcision?
* Marine in Cali needs a liver ... type O blood type a pre-req ...
* Terrorism in our midst?
* Earthquake : 9 Survivors found on remote island!
* N. Korea sold nuclear material to Libya?
* Fed raises rate .25%, as expected
* FBI, Internet Surveillance and the EFF
* IRA will not turn over their arsenal ... no peace for you ...
* Iran : We will never stop our Nuke program
* Crips -1 founder ... Stanley "Tookie" Williams to be executed
* Enterprise canceled, effective May (Friday 13th, BTW) ... will finish current season, but then end ... that's too bad, I thought it was pretty decent (except for the theme song, that is) ... and you can help save the show!
* Castro, voice of reason that he is, calls Bush deranged ... hahahha ...
* Cao quotes Charlie Daniels, on Gitmo
* Worse than OBL?
* Another reason to not drink and drive!
* Speed-up Firefox, the right way
* Aussie's can get 8mbps broadband for $30/mo ... with 20mbps coming 'soon'. I WANT SOME OF THAT! .. no, wait - I want some of this : Hong Kong has 100mbps!
* Those 'positive'(cough) Liberals
* Adware-infested PCs worth $3/ea to the scum that operate the Ad-networks
* 3D graphics for your cel phone
* Michelin introduces the 'Tweel' ... tire+wheel, all sans air
* Thoughts on UK anti-self-defense laws?
* OS shootout
* Monkeys like (some) pictures
* Video of British C130 being shot down is a hoax ... but plane did break up in air ...
* Download Solaris 10 ... multi CD or (one) DVD!
* Wardriving as a privacy tool
* Cancer drug vs Smallpox
* 30m PS2 mods ... no soldering!
* Ace, on Eason Jordan's and Ward Churchill's criminal insanity
* All children to receive Psychiatric screening, whether parents want it or not?
* Malkin vs Robinson
* Are bloggers journalists?
* Who said "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good." ... hint : she will be running for President in 2008 ...
* Happy Birthday Ayn Rand
* Jybe : shared browsing for Firefox and IE ... shared as in you & someone else see the same site (think no more walking user through steps) ... possible security issues aside, this looks (i.e. - I haven't tried it yet) cool!
* Upcoming Newsweek to feature Darwin vs ID
* More on Wash State re-vote effort
* NAACP 'resisting' the IRS?
* Liberal barking mad,m and full of hypocrisy?
* Thoughts on Buffet's thoughts
* Paid blogging? ... note to Sony, et al - I will gladly accept $25/month from you!
* The 'next Space Shuttle', aka the Crew Exploration Vehicle
* DDoS attack in progress - against Heise.de
* Orbital Overload - Space Debris
* Torvalds joins anti-patent struggle
* Swift's UVOT sending pics back
* Linux Live shoot-out
* Arctic Ice sheet now an awakened monster?
* Student keylogs teacher, goes to jail
* How to study
* More on Grasso's "excessive compensation" ... very much so ...
* Jabber rootkit?
* This mole eats faster than you!
* Build your very own database-riven website
* Digital mirror shows your future self ... should be applied to spouses?
* Reproducing robots? ... this sounds like a good sci-fi plot ...
* A site dedicated to Abandonware ... the logical follow-up to Vaporware :)
* Iraqi insurgents in league with Cobra ... calling GI Joe ... knowledge is power! ... and Bush action figure performs daring rescue maneuver ... and Mattel pulling out of Iraq ... "Zarkawi is seen promising to continue killing American toys until, 'all the American infidel children surrender.'" ... and Gene Simmons kidnapped as well ... and Dolls, Action figures speak out ... and US retaliates by kidnapping Cobra Commander ... and Bert & Ernie mounting rescue operation!
* There was a new OOTS (finally) the other day ... and it shows the Probability of Random Encounter law, Go Joe!
* 30 Things You Didn't Know About Your Office Tech Guy ... " He was ecstatic to learn Jeri Ryan is single again." ... she is?? Sweet!
* Cosmic Justice/Karma meets guy trying to 'door' a bike rider ... true or not, pretty funny! ... found via href="http://johnmccrarey.com/archives/2005/02/02/wow/">LTG
*White Trash Wednesday : Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
* 180 trillion(!) leisure hours lost to work in 2004
* FOXNEWS buys al-Jazeera
* Iraqi's accidentally elect Saddam Hussein
* Couple gives birth to dress-up doll ... my wife seems to believe this too!
* Clinton will help, "Sex Up" tsunami victims
* Leading Alarmists excited about Bird Flu
* Blooper : Christmas music for the ho...
* Cel phone lost, found - grueling 4 minutes!
* al Qaida Forms Christian Rock Group
* T.O. will play on top of Mitchell's shoulders
* God denies any involvement in T.O. healing
* Robot upset that dog won't get off the couch
* Baby : Baby baggies curb kid kicking
* Patriots Catch Eagles in Super Bowl
* Scottish DUI test
* Crime a Bigger Threat Than Bunnies
* Sad : Dangerfield still gets no respect
* The Gay Rooster : Wisdom beats youth
* IPA saves lives ... now that must be good beer (Killians is better)
* Weird : Phone up the dearly departed
* An argument against webcams!