2/24/2005

Who the Hell Do I Think I Am?

My Response to imao's question - "Who the Hell Do I Think I Am." (This is an example of a meme :) )

1. Who the hell do you think you are?
I am Timmmaaaayyyy! Or TJ. A 30yr old, half-alcoholic, college drop-out ... although I gave up alcohol for lent, and am making plans to return to college. I have a beautiful wife & amazing 7m old daughter, and two German Shepherds. I drive a jacked-up Jeep Wrangler, which (sadly) spends all of its time on pavement. I am a United Methodist (Christian), and very Conservative.

2. So, other than blogging, what's your job? Do you work at some fast food joint, dumba**?
Network Design & Support, Information Security.

3. Do you have like any experience in journalism, idiot?
Proud to say, NO.

4. Do you even read newspapers?
Rarely, sometimes I read their sites though!

5. Do you watch any other news than FOX News propaganda, you ignorant fool?
Not often, although I don't get to watch FOXNEWS very often ... those of us who have jobs can't watch lots of TV ...

6. I bet you're some moron talk radio listener too, huh?
Nope, I drive into work at 5am - not much talk radio going on then ... so I listen to CDs - currently George Thoroughgood. In the past I have spent lots of time listening to Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson (my favorite band / artist) as well.

7. So, do you get a fax from the GOP each day for what to say, you @#$% Republican parrot?
Faxes are for old people! And red lights are for cops! (sorry, inside joke)

8. Why do you and your blogger friends want to silence and fire everyone who disagrees with you, fascist?
I want people to speak their mind, but I want them to be well informed when they do so.

9. Are you completely ignorant of other countries, or do you actually own a passport?
No, and No.

10. Have you even been to another country, you dumb hick?
Yes, as long as they don't (didn't) require a passport (e.g. - Canada, Jamaica).

11. If you're so keen on the war, why haven't you signed up, chickenhawk?
I am too old, and I can serve the country better in other ways. If it came down to it I would not hesitate to volunteer.

12. Do you have any idea of the horrors of war? Have you ever reached into a pile of goo that was your best friend's face?
Yes, but not from personal experience ... and no. Oh, does CounterStrike or REDvsBLUE count??

13. Have you ever reached into any pile of goo?
Yes, but not by choice. And does picking up after my German Shepherd Dogs counts ...

14. Once again, who the hell do you think you are?!
I am someone who was sickened by what I was seeing in the mainstream media during the last ~1.5 years of Bush's first term, and part of the process of becoming more informed included posting what I find ... mostly for my future reference (that was the original purpose of my blogging effort - organizing information / resources), but made available for all to share. And indexed by search engines, to boot!

No comments: