* Damn flu, holding a good man down ... I am half-way out of commission ...
* It is Wictory Wednesday! ... help elect Mark Kennedy in Minnesota!
* It was just too good to last, Dow back down below 10.8k ... nevermind, is now just above 10.8k - barely (large rally when Greenspan spoke, and he points out some of the problems with Social inSecurity!)
* Little Jessica Lunsford is sadly still missing, and BTK officially charged with 10 murders (none of which can incur the death-penalty)
* GlobalFlyer not sure if they will make it or not, either lower on fuel than expected or reading is wrong ...
*As a devoted "dog person" I found this very poignant : How Could You? ... applies to any pet animal (dogs, cats, etc.) ... a very well written, if depressing, article. And a sad statement about how humans frequently throw away those who love us.
* My brother-in-law should arrive home in S. Carolina ~19:30 tonight, after completing his tour with the USAF in Afghanistan. We are all proud of him, and proud to have him in our family (he had only been married (to my baby sister) for ~30 days when he got word he was being shipped out). We are also happy my aforementioned baby sister gets her man back, healthy & uninjured.
* Iraq : 12 killed by bomb in Baghdad ... condolences & prayers ...
* World is not ready for a flu pandemic ... all my fault ...
* SCOTUS considering display of 10 Commandments ... and remember, if we want to remove all traces of religion from federal ground you might want to look here ... another example of why this is such a ridiculous case
* Bush to Syria - "Get Out of Lebanon"
* Oil hits $53/barrel ... in spite of large surplus ...
* Jacko : Bashir in contempt of court?
* Anti-gun activist arrested for, shocker, firearms possession ... and drugs too! ... she claims she is being set up ...
* Robert Simmons, American diplomat, beat down in Ukraine ... racist hate crime ... I hope they catch 'em! ... He mentions that his friends were not attacked - I want to know why his friends didn't help him?
* Madrid bombers had their eyes on NYC
* More Dean quotes ... "The South will rise again" ... "You cannot trust Republicans with your taxpayer dollars" ... that last one slays me with irony ...
* Social inSecurity reform may be delayed a year ... sad ... the longer we wait, the bigger the problem!
* School bus driver shot, dies ... 14yr old suspect apprehended ... (he had apparently been kicked off of the bus for smoking)
* Roslyn School District financial shenanigans grow
* First female Afghan governor named ... found via Malkin ... feminists still against Bush ...
* Republicans going on 60 day tour to 'sell' Social inSecurity reform ... get the good word out ...
* MCI, Qwest - bidding war for Verizon?
* Terror camp in Arizona?
* Terri : A columnist who has an open mind?? ... another person realizes the truth about Terri ... FWIW - before I did more research on this I thought she should be 'permitted to die' as well, thanks to biased / incomplete media reporting
* Explansion of the EU ... I like that word, explansion ... has a ring to it :)
* Pain, as a weapon! ... with a 2km range!
* More Firefox bugs?
* Time to go nuclear? ... the end of the filibuster ... and Byrd effectively calls the GOP fascists ... and makes other historically inaccurate statements ... and more on Byrd ... and check the pic below :)
* Sir Bill Gates ... I know, you can't really call him Sir, but he was knighted ...
* Ozone layer attacked by solar storms
* Puzzling radio waves ... and I don't mean HFS's conversion to Spanish ... :)
* More on eminent domain (ab)use
* Forget NetFlix, try Peerflix ... DVD-swapping; like P2P but via FedEx instead of TCPIP :)
* SCOTUS = wrong ... and what this may mean for the country ... FWIW - those tried as adults should be punished as adults!
* EU3, US, Iran - interesting thoughts on the dynamics of that situation ... and why appeasement is still the wrong answer!
* Some thoughts on decency regulation ... and what happens to any political party that tries to take away skinemax ...
* Volcanic hotspot on Mars?
* Did you feel that? ... see all the earthquakes in the US ...
* Ebbers still proclaims innocence / ignorance
* More on the iPod : Reverse engineered
* TiVo snags some patents
* Cod dying off?
* Free 'stock photo' exchange
* I like your colors ... cool, way to copy colors from someone else's site ...
* Soros being sued over dog attack
* Halo3 in production? ... Master Chief to "Save Earth from Sony!" :) ... and the consoles of tomorrow ... see page 3 for XBOX2 speculation
* Dems targeting a new minority - felons ... "In the wake of their election defeat, Democrats have promised to mend their ways by emphasizing moral values. So, in their first major legislative initiative of the year, what are the party's two top senators offering? A bill to guarantee that millions of convicted murderers, rapists and armed robbers can vote"
* 'What became of the CIA'?
* Killington, VT (still) trying to move to NH? ... overly burdened by Dean's taxes :)
* Air Americas - sucking wind
* Phi Beta Kappa rejects GMU ... academic freedom, and the liberal world of academia
* Saddam was a WMD ... I will see you a Moore's Fable, and raise you a truth ...
* TigerHawk makes a(nother) good point ... " To that extent even the most heinous attacks, like the carbomb which recently killed more than 100 in Iraq, have lost their bite. Psychologically speaking, the greatest contribution of the Iraq and Afghanistan campaigns is that they have shattered terrorism's myth of invincibility."
* Parents' TV Council brings you the "Worst Clips of the Week" ... they have compiled the worst (read:best) TV clips! ... found via South Park Conservatives
* Yahoo to launch ads, bloggers permitted
* Excellent wrap-up of the Guckert / Gannon non-story
* Another example of why we need tort reform - garage jumping goes bad, sues garage
* Politicians lie / pander? ... "So, is Hahn an earnest civic leader concerned about law-breaking immigrants? Or is he a desperate, double-dealing politician fishing for votes in the San Fernando Valley? Los Angeles voters get to make the call next week."
* GOP 'bloodbath' in the making?
* Bush (economic) Boom ... it is real, and it is good ... oh, and What media bias?
* Thoughts on CEO compensation ... I agree with his results, but I would note that regular economic cycles should get some credit for the numbers listed ...
* Rape epidemic in Scandinavia?
* Let the market cure AIDS?
* More on the 'power of blogging'
* The wonders of adaptation - salamander larvae turn into 'killing machines'
* Slashdot-effect going down?
* 22lb lobster ... 50-100yr old ... PETA wants it released, PETA wants to eat it - different PETAs, read the article (I prefer the latter!)
* Think about where your food comes from
* China bothered by US's monopoly over the Internet ...well, we did create it didn't we?
* Tenet book delayed
* True'ish : Rummy testifies
* Dog will never live up to Purina
* The Dialectizer ... convert any site to other 'languages' ... like this, NIF in Redneck'ese
* Cocky Pope-wannabe is ready
* Geek Lent
* Tony's law : Marijuana users reqd to notify neighbors
* Death of parents good for self-esteem?
* True Facts
* Swift boat vets rip AARP’s Vietnam war record
* Harvard's new Postgrad offerings ... "VCR Repair, Locksmithing, Hair, Nails and Tanning Technology, and Mixology"
* Instapundit (Glenn Reynolds) toppled! ... "If you don't have pajamas, you can't blog" ...
* Lord Of The Rings And Ninja Turtles: Radical Ring Power
* Live TV interview goes bad ... Thanks to Glumbert.com for the lead, even if you can't get your site back up right
* True'ish: Stupid Computer Tricks
* Martha faces tricky transition from prison to normal life
* True'ish : Bloganetics ... "I didn't know she was gone until I noticed she had stopped sending me Haloscan comments. Now she's blogging the guy down the street."
* Flashback : Bush wins Iraqi election
* Ted Nugent plans to clone, kill, woolly mammoth
* Poor, rural counties offer sweet deals for meth lab development
* True / Sad : Happy Birthday is copyrighted material
* Ward Churchill Grief-a-thon ... "Ethnic studies is a toilet & Ward Churchill is the attendant"
* Bush to target math next ... "pro-growth math. That's why I'm proposing that we tackle addition first. We should develop a math that, when you add two and two, won't give you just four, but five. Or even six"