* CISSP class day 5, limited blogation (excluding early AM, lunch, etc.)
* It is Thursday, which in short means that you should go visit Stop the AntiCivilLibertiesUnion ... and help Stop the ACLU :P ... today's focus is on how they are destroying our ability to defend our nation ... "To its credit, the ACLU recognizes the danger if the scales are tipped too far to the side of national security, however it doesn't seem to acknowledge the danger if the scales are reversed" (click on the Uncle Sam pic at the bottom to go to today's post!)
* Is Bin Laden dead? ... unconfirmed, for now ... developing ...
* Sgt. Hasan Akbar sentenced to death ... good!
* Bush on Prime Time TV
* Nuclear Korea : Capable of firing Nuke at US!?
* South Carolina : 12yr old Florida girl, Margarita Aguilar-Lopez, found alive!
* Israel : Abbas talks tough to militants ... let's see if he can back it up ... well, not so far : "Cease Fire", Palestinian-style
* Iraq : Cabinet approved! ... "Iraq's first elected government since the fall of Saddam"
* DOW takes a beating; -= 128 on weak GDP report
* AntiCivilLibertiesUnion : 'Enemy Within Part II' ... and Acronym Contest ... win Anti-ACLU gear!
* ProtestWarrior "Anthology DVD" now available! .... by one for yourself, and one for that special someone ... you know, that liberal person who needs some correction
* Abortion : Does it hurt? ... take a good long read, and follow the offsite links too ...
* Extradition quirk, or how to commit a perfect murder? ... wow, didn't know that!
* Typo : Googkle.com will (attempt to) load malware onto your PC ... so don't go there! ... However, XTRAGOOGLE is cool ... all of the Google search tools in one?
* 'Calls to patriotism! Camaraderie! Well-cut uniforms! ... Such starry dreck too well deserved the Wrath of Cron.'
* China : Inconsistent hypocrisy (WRT free speech)
* Free TiVo - make an old PC into a PVR
* 'Anti-Semitism sells'?
* Afghanistan : Good things happening ... "Sally Goodrich, whose son died in the Sept. 11 attacks, kept a grip on her grief as she surveyed the foundations of the Afghan school being built with money she raised in the United States"
* Sympathy for the homeless, unless it is raining
* Hold Their Feet to the Fire : Call & Fax Congress-members WRT the FAIR act
* How dare the "evil," "corrupt," and "brain-dead" Republicans use actual quotes against Dems
* About Chirac : "If he can start alliances to weaken the American position, he will do it" ... that is why we don't like France. It is one thing to want to help your country, it is quite another to set out to hurt another.
* Bloggers : How to make your site skinnable
* Krugman : Still lying / wrong ... this time about our health care system
* Mass : Buried treasure worth $75k found in backyard
* 6 Legged Robo-Lumberjack ... "Nothing Runs Like a Deere"
* Ogre is a Paladin ... and you can follow a link to find out your D&D class as well, I will try to get to this later
* Schneier : Fight fraud, not ID Theft!
* MPAA : Movie Pirate face serious time ... odious MPAA wins one ...
* More on Pantano ... looking more innocent! ... and bloggers made a difference!
* Biden (D-Del) trying to get the terrorist vote, or atleast some of their money
* "Uncle Jack" wants to enlighten us about the stock market ... he's a pretty smart cookie, atleast with money stuff (and politics, for that matter)
* Al Gore opens mouth, should insert foot
* Basil's morning link-fest, for you review
* Illegal Immigration : In case you weren't paying attention, it won't fix the Social inSecurity problem! ... it causes problems, not resolves them!
* GOP not always right ... undue pressure on Dr Coburn (R-OK)
* Coulter, on the filibuster ... "Republicans have got to learn to stop getting into technicalities with the Democrats. They win in the dark; we win in the light. And it doesn't get much darker than a discussion of the Senate filibuster."
* Firefox : .PDF Download tool
* Intro to Podcasting
* NASA : Miracle Polymer ... "quantum wire"
* Fed Govt to pay closer attention to your finances!? ... "thanks to the PATRIOT act, banks are spending billions on highly sophisticated, government-mandated anti-money laundering (AML) software that will track every last transaction of every last customer in order to build up individual customer profiles and look for "suspicious" activity"
* 'Calcium and Vitamin D fail in fracture prevention'
* Mass : More problems with the Big
* Latecomer to the GOP ... found viaJohn @ LTG
* New OOTS ... OOTS must die?? ... and Monday's is up too (#173 - Horse Parking!)
* RVB #55 available for sponsors!
* UF : Chocolate Thunder From Down Under ... and a toilet reference
* Identity thief returns identities deemed worthless ... "losers"
* True : This dude can burn more CDs than you ... all legally, I am sure ...
* Arianna Huffington's collaborative blog parody
* Robots eat babies
* True'ish (filibuster): 'You Don't Have to Be a Dummy to Look Mighty Stupid'
* Ed Wilson : The most dangerous man in America ... The great & mighty Ed ... Hmm, an Ed Wilson working for the man - go figure! ... Hi Eddie!
* Bush to wed Saudi Prince
* Hyperbolic Chamber : THE GREATEST INVENTION OF MANKIND EVER!
Quote of the Day
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus
--thanks Philippians 4:6-7
... click for source