* CISSP class, day 3 ... limited blogation, atleast until Lunch / Evening. And even then, lunch will be dependent upon the quality of Hyatt's wireless (iffy) and evening will be dependent upon the cooperation of wife+baby ...
* Tuesdays are always Kerry-180 day! ... Which means we should all take a sec to remember to remind Kerry to sign his 180! ... and take a look @ PoliPundit's Kerry-180 Counter ... :) ... and you can (should!) join the official blog-burst here!
* POPE : Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger named Pope Benedict XVI ... "a simple, humble worker in God's vineyard" ... "Habemus papam" ... previously quoted "We are moving toward a dictatorship of relativism which does not recognize anything as for certain and which has as its highest goal one's own ego and one's own desires"
* Afghanistan : 8 (suspected) Talabanis killed
* In memory of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City ... and a few thoughts on right-wing militias vs Leftie Terrorists .. .hard to believe it is (already) the 10th anniversary of Oklahoma City Bombing!
* Iran : Al Jazeera suspended! ... blame them for the recent unrest
* Lebanon : New cabinet formed ... "Prime Minister-designate Najib Mikati announced Tuesday that he's formed a Cabinet, ending more than six weeks of delay in trying to set up a government for Lebanon"
* Moussaoui to plead guilty in 9/11 case? ... of course, he said this before ... and didn't
* SUV Vandal gets 8yrs in prison! ... and how about the fines / restitution - totaling $3.5M!
* Lance to retire
* EUnuchs : We are watching your diet for you
* People's Republic of California : $17M blown on Gym, Hair Saloon, Movies for the homeless ... I don't have time for any of those, guess I should just say Screw Capitalism - Quit my job, sell my house and move to Cali!
* Bolton : Vote delayed! ... that is not a good sign!
* Obesity is #7, not #2, on the killer list ... and, in fact being just a little overweight might be good for you?? ... hmm, think I am over the 'little overweight' category :( ... when taken in conjunction with 'happy people are healthier' I think I am set!
* GM reports $1.1B loss for the quarter ... stock market still recovers a bit today, still way down!
* Pro-Abortion supporters win a law suit ... claim ultrasounds harm babies ... and, if you are not of a 'sensitive disposition, read Raven's account ...
* Minuteman project expanding! ... excellent!
* EUnuchs : 'If the (entire)EU was treated as a single American state, it would rank fifth from the bottom' in terms of GDP ... and they say the US has problems!
* More on Adobe + Macromedia
* GameStop buys EB! ... "$1.44 billion in cash and stock"
* Symantec releases beta AntiSpyWare product : ... "Norton Internet Security 2005 AntiSpyWare Edition" ... you can sign up here to participate ... or Direct DL here :)
* New state of matter : a nearly perfect liquid ... "four collaborations, dubbed BRAHMS, PHENIX, PHOBOS and STAR, working at Brookhaven's Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC)" ... "this super liquid match those predicted for a type of matter called a quark-gluon plasma (QGP)"
* XBOX : Halo2 downloadable maps to be released to XBOX-Live on April 25th
* More Che here ... pop culture chooses strange icons, indeed!
* France partially responsible for Rwanda genocide of 1994?
* NASA : Autonomous probe decides to shut itself down
* A few thoughts on Priestly Celibacy ... I disagree with some of his points; specifically - that it wouldn't work (inconvenience & cost factors). We Methodists are doing it now, and it works just fine.
* Social inSecurity : Raise the retirement age? ... good!
* Air America is a flop!
* Libertarian paternalism
* Toshiba rolls-out 3D screens ... no goggles required!
* More on (early) Black Holes
* Rep. Henry Hyde (R-Illinois)to retire at term's end ... thank you for your service!
* Animal Rights groups and Ecology Militants make DHS 'Terrorist List' ... that would be because they are a threaten to our national Security, see how that works? ... Sadly, the article takes great pains to say that DHS "does not list right-wing domestic terrorists" and proceeds to (incorrectly) blame "right wingers" for many of the atrocities of our time.
* TorrentSpy - 'the best Torrent site ever'?
* Verizon's FiOS to challenge Cable TV ... good, more competition = good for us consumers!
* Don't over-correct your 401k!
* Hillary : Virtual (as in not real transformation continues ... sidenote : I do think we should pay our military (regular & called-up Guardsmen) better ... they are the reason we are able to live our lives the way we do!
* J!NX Geek Wear ... coupon code 'SITHOWNS' for 10% off
* Self-checking SW? ... combined with self-replicating robots and orbital mind control satellites, and we are all good to go!
* Advil, Motrin and Aleve cause heart problems?
* Seagate : 120GB notebook HDD
* NYT only hears what it wants? ... what media bias?
* Church uses hallucinogenic tea ... that is one hack of a recruiting mechanism! (Sure, you can get wine anywhere - but we give you illegal drugs!)
* California : Becoming even more of a nanny state?
* Michigan : "Free Laptops for students" programs at risk?
* Fortinet violated GPL?
* 6 Ways to get your day started
* XBOX : 2 XBOX-NEXT variants planned?
* South Park Conservative,
* TRUE : Verizon's CEO says his phones 'aren't supposed' to work inside!
Thought of the Day
Go join the Club for Growth if you believe in the following :
Reforming Social Security by creating personal savings accounts... It can be free, or (even better ;) ) you can donate to the cause!
Repealing the hated Death Tax
Making the Bush tax cuts permanent
Fundamental tax reform to replace the horrible income tax system
Tort reform to stop abusive lawsuits
Reigning in ridiculously wasteful spending
Found via MoonBattery!