* All this rain is making my grass grow too fast ... and making it cooler outside and not letting me put my top down.
* Charlotte Wyatt ... "Much to the chagrin of the lawyers, judges, and media-ghouls who've spent the last six months conspiring to let brave, little"
* Iran : 'Plans to knock out US with 1 bomb' ... "Iran is not only covertly developing nuclear weapons, it is already testing ballistic missiles specifically designed to destroy America's technical infrastructure" ... "effectively sending the continental U.S. back to the 19th century with a recovery time of months or years" ... and they are resuming refinement! ... and, to (cough) comfort us they chant "Down with America, down with Israel"
* Georgia : Missing toddlers Jonah and Nicole Kain ... the bodies of these two children have been found, a couple miles from their house. Autopsy pending, still developing ... condolences for them and prayers for their family (assuming their family didn't do it, that is)
* Iraq : 29 Iraqi police & civilians killed is series of attacks
* Oil : Nearing $56 ... means it is nearly @21 overpriced!
* Japan : Commuter train derails, kills ~50 ... condolences & prayers ...
* Togo : Election shenanigans ... not only is the US + UselessNations not helping, by our words w/o actions we are also hurting our ability to possibly help in the future
* India : Drunk Monkeys attack! ... found at SCA
* Afghanistan : Drug Kingpin nabbed
* Illegal Immigration : "Illegal aliens and their friends in Congress are trying to derail legislation that would strengthen our borders ..." ... "Now's the time to join Roger Hedgecock" ... "We are taking our message directly to Congress, and we need your help. Sign up today to visit Washington, D.C. this April and make your voice heard" ... "Can’t come to DC? Then take action from home! Go to our sign-up page. When you sign up for the at-home lobby, we'll provide you with up to date information and tools to help you lobby your Congressional delegation from home." ... hurry up, its half-over already!
* Illinois : Chicago mobsters -= 14
* Filibuster : Whole lotta flip-flopping going on ... TAS doesn't believe it is a good time to
* NC / Illegal Immigration : Illegal tuition bill floating?... " allow the children of illegal immigrants to not only be allowed to go to college, but to grant them in-state tuition" ... "damn the consequences, forget that it is against Federal law, it doesn't matter to the NC Legislative critters" ... "Or, we could just send them back. What part of illegal is not understood? Do these people ever look at a friggin' dictionary?"
* Govt helping fund Soros? ... our tax dollars @ work ... (cough) great!
* AntiCivilLibertiesUnion : Their supports can't support them ... "Seems that the ACLU is once again riding to the rescue of drug users and drug dealers" ... "If a WHITE MAN robs jewelry store and the cops start looking for a WHITE MAN in the nearby area because that is who robbed the store. That is not racial profiling, that is taking the information available and doing the job of catching criminals"
* This rice now has some human genetic material in it?? ... "Frankenstein foods" (aka FrankenFoods) ... so, does that mean we are cannibals if we eat it? :)
* Churchill : Ward not such a nice guy ... in addition to being a liar, traitor, plagiarist, fake Indian and all-around douche ... sadly, he is still around (amazing that he hasn't been canned yet) ... and Jihadi Jane is probably a friend of his! ... what bias in academia? ... and, speaking of less-than-brilliant traitors : Actress Maggie Gyllenhaal believes the United States is responsible in some way for 9/11 ... "Those firemen who died in the ensuing collapse... dirty whores"
* Virginia : Tim Kaine, Governor wannabe, makes fun of our accents ... I don't have much of one, but the elitism his comments drip with drive me away from him like ammonia drives away dogs
* Social inSecurity : Unions support Personal Accounts? ... excellent!
* ID vs Evolution, still / again ... also quotes Pope JPII : "Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish"
* New York : Bloomberg in hot water over 'Plan B' ... I will break with many of my Conservative friends here; I see Plan B more as a contraceptive than anything else. And while I don't believe the state should provide it (or any other contraceptive), I am not against the idea of it or its use. And if the state is funding 'family planning' then, IMHO, it must include abstinence as part of that plan ... feel free to 'enlighten me' :P ... ahhh - when presented this way I can certainly understand some of the objections; namely that Bloomberg (RINO-NY) has been pursuing a liberal agenda!
* Some thoughts on Time's Top100 list ... from StealTheBandwagon
* Win2k 'Free Support' ends 05/30/05
* Iraq : 'Turning the 'Green Zone' into a free trade zone'?
* Cali : ... "Schwarzenegger has pursued a reform agenda that has even liberal policy wonks like Time's Joe Klein cooing" ... "thanks to a California media that seem unable or unwilling to detail the extent of Democrats' dysfunction, Schwarzenegger isn't the hero of 'The Battle to Save the Golden State.' If you ask many of the state's most influential opinion-shapers, he's the villain. This is beyond perverse" ... yeah, what media bias?
* Using microbes to create Hydrogen ... "the voltage is just one-tenth (of that) needed for electrolysis" ... "Theoretically, it yields hydrogen from any biodegradable, dissolved, organic matter and cleans wastewater" ... I want my Mr Fusion! :)
* Eye-controlled video camera ... they need to work on the presentation, it is just a little, um, dorky!
* Qwest may snag MCI after all?
* 12/31/2006 - all TVs will be required to be digital ... "overnight, somewhere around 70 million television sets now connected to rabbit ears or roof-top antennas will suddenly and forever go blank" ... "Congress and the FCC are struggling mightily to figure out what to do"
* Bolton / UselessNations : To the GOP : "We won the election: act like it" ... and more thoughts here ... "He yelled at her, and told her he'd get her fired, although apparently she stayed on the job. Did this happen last week? Last month? Last year? No -- it happened twenty-two years ago." ... and check out the pic below to see how (cough)clean the accusers are :)
* Venezuela : Rotting out from under Chavez?
* Twain was an atheist? ... and a cynical one at that!
* Lethal fungus able to reproduce homosexually? ... "Cryptococcus neoformans can kill humans" ... "That ability might confer an advantage for the fungus because patients infected with it predominantly harbors a single mating type, reducing the possibility of normal fungal sexual reproduction"
* Mass. : Boston had a meteor shower ... and people freaked
* 'Remote-controlled rats to sniff out explosives'
* Infant daycare helps prevent childhood leukemia ... score one for the working moms?
* Skydiving gone wrong, kills Cinematographer Albert "Gus" Wing, III ... "had already opened his parachute when he hit the plane ... His legs were severed at the knees" .. .condolences
* Spreadsheet errors costing $10B / yr?
* Google : Taking over the world ... "profit up more than five-fold to $369.2 million for the quarter and sales nearly doubling to $1.26 billion" ... has noone watched EPIC2014 ... ? :)
* Global Warming : 'Antarctica glaciers shrinking'? ... Not so fast! ... "By "Antarctica" they actually meant the Antarctic Peninsula, which comprises about 2% of the continent. It's warming there and has been for decades. But every scientist ... knows that the temperature averaged over the entire continent has been declining for decades"
* My laptop wants a "Chill Mat"!
* Carnivals! : Vanities ... and Capitalists ... and cats? ... blech, or atleast achoo ... and why not dogs?
* Herpes blocking gel ... "small interfering RNAs (siRNAs) that trigger the destruction of viral genes is applied to the vagina, where they are absorbed and remain active for at least 10 days"
* Exploding toads?
* Don't mess with your 'Body Clock'
* Jeffords quits, and noone really cares / notices!
* MS : Forgent and Microsoft sue each other over JPEG ... (cough)USE .PNGs(cough)
* Make your handwriting into a font ... cool, now my emails can be as illegible as my notes!
* 'You CAN make a fire from a can of coke and a chocolate bar'
* Web design mistakes .. I'm sure I got a few of those here, but guess what - I don't care! This site is for me, and I am just letting you use it 'cuz I am a nice guy!
* Adscam : Still going on?? ... "Gomery Inquiry has imposed new publication bans,"
* Pope : Questionable (at best) picture of Benedict XVI ... what media bias here?
* Bloggers : Are you the Ultimate Blogger? ... find out, join the competition!
* 'Andrew Sullivan Freak-Out Advisory System' (ASFOAS) ... over to the right!
* The Dean Debacle ... will all those surprised please stand up ... anyone ... anyone ... ?
* Cuba : Want a higher minimum wage? Move to the (cough) "Workers' Paradise" ... MW down there is now $9.40
* 32yr old man has 'sexual encounter' with 16 yr old boy; jailarity ensues! ... hey, the law works once in awhile!
* 'Born-Alive Infants Protection Act' to be enforced ... and, on a pseudo-related note : Mother of abortion survivor suing the hospital for child support ... yeah, no reason to take responsibility for your own actions, eh?
* Too many bureaucrats involved in war-making ... "The number of soldiers who die needlessly can be directly correlated to the inverse proportion of bureaucrats and politicians" ... and excellent review here as well!
* Should be a new OOTS today! ... waiting ...
* New ALP today also ... midgets have big heads?
* Flash : Test your reactions
* Clinton to ban Daydreaming
* Pope : Emerges as a butterfly ... which also marks end of sin-binge
* Carter to run in '08, Give Democrats "some kind of" hope
* Fat man affects Earth's wobble
* Japan : Americans not the only idiots
* Bush admits he no longer understands his Social inSecurity proposal
* Pope : Benedict reaches out to other religions by allowing Jews to call him 'Benny'
* Olympic Bomber to plead guilty, bad at making bombs
* 5th grader's science paper doesn't stand up to peer review
* Alternate Tobacco warnings
* Pope : The Karl Rove - Joseph Ratzinger connection
* Stocks rocket on rumors that ‘The Simple Life’ is over
* Deter mail box vandalism!
* NBA wipes out 'Loser Teams'
* Bonfire blows up ... audio + video
* NSFW : 'Music Video'
* SICK! ... I think I am gonna hurl ...
* FreeRepublic's cartoon hit for today ... good stuff!
Quote of the Day
SirCourage : So anyways, I knew at 1:30 am this morning that my English paper would not be finished, so I opened up mirc.exe in notepad, saved it as a .txt, emailed it to my school email and told them that their email server must have ruined my paper. I got an A- :D
--thanks Bash! ... and why didn't I ever think of that?