* Virginia : Arlington school bus collides with trash truck ... "One child is dead after a recycling truck and an Arlington County school bus collided head-on on Columbia Pike at Courthouse Road Monday morning." ... condolences for that child, and prayers for his/her family as well as for all those injured.
* Florida : Onstott, convicted sex offender, pleads guilty to choking Sarah Lunde to death ... condolences for her and prayers for her family ... Ya' know, sexual predators have a ~90% recidivism rate - Why do we keep letting them out of jail?? ... why is our country so focused on the rights of the attacker above & beyond the rights of the victims / future victims? (Oh yeah - that's right, we are being forced into trying to 'correct' bad behavior, in place of punishing the perpetrator ... and failing our citizens miserably) ... and Jody shares some thoughts here
* Pope : Cardinals gather
* Stocks : Not just the US getting pummeled! ... every index (excluding Egypt's) down ... and not getting any better in US today ... DOW trying to 'find it's bottom, currently down ~20 for the day (was down as much as ~60)
* Iraq : 4 GIs killed ... prayers & condolences
* Volcano : Kenya's 'Mount Karthala' spewing ... just watched "Super Volcano" on Discovery, and if/when Yellowstone blows it could be quite bad.
* Rhode Island : Suspect kills detective, with own gun ... condolences for James Allen, 27yr veteran ... I would think someone being questioned for a violent crime (murder by knife) would be handcuffed and/or you would have multiple guards ... perhaps another case of criminals getting too much leeway?
* ISS : New crew
* Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 to be voluntary?! (don't get too excited - bill just introduced)
* Italy : -1 Prime Minister ... Berlusconi to resign
* Revelations, the none-profit-produced Star Trek movie is available! ... online, free ... direct DL OR, even better here is the torrent ... its like 250MB ...
* The 'Green Party' ... more like the 'Red Party'?
* Terri'ish : So we can starve a law abiding citizen, but we can't let a non-citizen immigrant starve himself? ... WTF?
* More support for tax reform ... this is for a 19% flat tax, which is better than what we have now but still inferior to the Fair Tax
* Sweden : Poorer than Alabama with more crime than Mississippi
* Adobe buying Macromedia! ... ($3.4B (in stock))
* President Newt?
* Making HIV cells self-destruct? ... "Inhibiting the protein - called ataxia-telangiectasia-mutated (ATM) - in human cells exposed to HIV in the lab stopped the virus from splicing itself into many of the exposed cells’ DNA and instead triggered their demise"
* Che Guevara : Terrorist, Murder, Stalinist
* XBOX : Review of 'Project Snowblind' ... sounds sweet! Buy it here
* 'IBM signs $125 million deal to build nationwide speed trap' ... not in the US, luckily ;)
* 'Open Source, Mugged by Reality?'
* UselessNations : Some random, and some not-so-random, news ... "For Kofi and the rest of the Turtle Bay crime family, it will be as much fun as passing a kidney stone" ... "Things are looking up for us here. Papua-New Guinea is thinking of offering two platoons: one of infantry (headhunters) and one of engineers (hut builders). They want to eat any bad Iraqis they kill. We've got no issues with that, but State is being anal about it"
* A glimpse back - the Bible was taught in (public) schools!
* Some thoughts on Ed (of CQ) withdrawing form the GOP ... sadly, I missed this whole issue / event (between class and a blog-free weekend) ... Ed's original post here ... and Ed fires back ... and "I'm not moved" by his arguments ...
* 70' mystery wave whacks cruise liner
* Iran : Insurgents seeking separate Arab state ... and they blame us! ... Wait a minute - blaming us for people wanting to be free? I'll take that as a compliment, ThankYouVeryMuch! Go Democracy, and go W! (Actually,its even better - they (ironically) are blaming outsider for fomenting chaos inside their borders - pot, meet kettle ... hey look, over there - its a goose and a gander ...)
* AOL 'Chat Room Monitor' attempted to induce sex from 15yr old, in an AOL Chat Room ... who'll watch the watchers?
* Intel going WiMax ... I want, I want ...
* Who said "To be a rich man is a bad thing" ... not George Soros!
* Risk taking boys don't get the girls? ... yeah, us boring guys get all the play ... riiiight
* Congress going off a cliff, adding $6B to the already burdensome welfare system ... damn. What small govt? ... "expanding government social services does not work, but emphasizing work experience and self-sufficiency does. Yet one looks in vain for this lesson in the Senate's welfare reauthorization proposal, which waters down the definition of work, expands unproven marriage-promotion programs, creates new education programs, and throws money at a debatable 'child care crisis' ... at a price tag of over $1,000 per average taxpaying family"
* Skype reaches 100Mth download
* Ushers : "The Annals of the World" available in English ... buy it here
* Hillary : Wanting to remain employed after '06, she continues trying to divert attention from her obvious goal of being Mrs President ... she will continue her virtual (as in not-real) 'transformation' into a moderate in order to continue trying to sucker moderates into voting for an extremist, and I am afraid she will be able to pull it off ... funny aside - "You've got an adulterous former president bashing a monogamous gay marriage of a Republican consultant. It is just embarrassing" ... go here or here
* 'Big Sugar' costing US $2.5B per year? ... and losing us jobs ... I didn't even know we had a 'Big Sugar'. And what political bribes have created, Splenda is taking apart? Excellent! (FWIW _ I am curious why we have farm subsides and their ilk at all ... especially when the beneficiaries are not in any financial trouble ... ??)
* Is the US Govt about to start funding Hamas? ... I agree with the author, "Here’s hoping it will be corrected, resoundingly, with due haste"
* Sony unveils 4GB memory stick!
* Unscreened, 'fresh sperm' shipments putting women at risk
* Cali : Dems declare war on Govenator ... Judy Chu (D-Monterey Park) - "He declared war on us, and I declare war on him" ... actually, Ms. Chu - it was the people who declared war on you, Arnold is just their chosen/elected general!
* Nugent wants NRA'ers to get hardcore ... a little late for Buy A Gun Day, but that's ok!
* Military to get 'Minority Report' style computer interface ... nice!
* A few thoughts on MLB's Nationals ... not that I really care about baseball in DC, but this quote alone made the article worth reading -" there is perhaps no place on earth less deserving of a baseball team than the town that brought us the steroid-in-baseball show trials" .. this one helped too - "See you in Hell, Trebek" ... speaking of stupid baseball : Steinbrenner upset that his teams $200M salary can't buy a few wins (after they got swept 4-0, by the Orioles of all teams!)
* Win* to Lin* : A Beginners Guide
* Spacecraft + Black Boxes ... I am surprised they don't already do this ...
* The 'experts' were wrong on Iraq, W ... and some thoughts on how they have misled us in the past
* NetGear Wireless Router For $2.50
* Stratellite? ... Sanswire, owned by GlobeTel Communications Corp, debuts a "high-altitude airship designed to provide a stationary platform situated in the stratosphere, from which it will be able to transmit wireless communications services presently transmitted from cell towers and satellites"
* Sirius + Martha Stewart
* 10 Emerging Technologies ... "Magnetic-Resonance Force Microscopy" ... "Quantum Wires" ... and, um, 8 others!
* US Military has Hax0r cr3w! ... "Joint Functional Component Command for Network Warfare (JFCCNW)"
* CGI Programming 101
* What will you look like in 40 years?
* The Cloak : Anonymous Internet Proxy service
* New OOTS! ... big beer!
* American Prosperity Forever bill moves to the Senate ... guess they haven't seen the stock market :(
* Online University Sued for 'Spectacularly Useless Degrees'
* (Should be a) New ALP! ... waiting ...
* Essay Generator ... put in TJ, memorable line - "Society begins and ends with TJ ... It has been said that the one thing in society which could survive a nuclear attack is TJ" - uh, wait - did it just call me a cockroach??
* Maryland : Woman drives off parking garage ... funny because it was only one story and she walked away, apparently uninjured ... her car = not so lucky!
Messages of the Day
Can you identify the greatest moral threat facing your community?thanks CFRA! ... I know, still early for Thursday's regularly scheduled Anti-ACLU post!
It's impacting our schools, libraries, churches, businesses, and all public service. This threat personally impacts you and I each and every day. What is this threat?It's the A-C-L-U. Right now in communities and cities throughout our nation, this organization poses the greatest threat to our moral and spiritual well-being. Let me explain.
Although they position themselves as champions for the American people, nothing could be further from the truth. They are like a wolf in sheep's clothing systematically working to strip our spiritual heritage from our nation. And it's working!
Right now there are no less than dozens of lawsuits by the ACLU that specifically attack issues of faith. Key issues that impact everyone like the Pledge of Allegiance, The Ten Commandments, Prayer in School, and the Boy Scouts of America. That's why I'm alerting you to a grassroots petition effort spearheaded by The Center For Reclaiming America. Their goal is to raise up 100,000 signed petitions from Americans throughout the nation alerting our Congressional leaders and key members of the media to the true agenda of the ACLU, which is bent on the destruction of America from the inside out! John, to make an impact on an organization whose pockets are flushed with cash, and who have power and influence, it's critical that we BRING OUR MESSAGE TO THEM--putting them on the defensive for once! Please take a moment to join the thousands of Americans who have already signed this grassroots campaign to EXPOSE THE ACLU's HIDDEN AGENDA that affecting every city and every person in our nation. Click here for more information:
Click here to sign!
Once you've signed, please help us reach our first delivery goal of 100,000 citizens by alerting your friends and family!
Thank you for standing with us!
D. James Kennedy, Ph.D.
Founder, CENTER FOR RECLAIMING AMERICA
P.S. The success of this effort is completely dependent on people like you taking ACTION. Please take a stand today.
Please send this back but only if you mean it!
"Tomorrow morning," the surgeon began, "I'll open up your heart..."
"You'll find Jesus there," the boy interrupted.
The surgeon looked up, annoyed "I'll cut your heart open," he continued, to see how much damage has been done.."
"But when you open up my heart, you'll find Jesus in there," said the boy.
The surgeon looked to the parents, who sat quietly. "When I see how much damage has been done, I'll sew your heart and chest back up, and I'll plan what to do next."
"But you'll find Jesus in my heart. The Bible says He lives there. The hymns all say He lives there. You'll find Him in my heart."
The surgeon had had enough.. "I'll tell you what I'll find in your heart. I'll find damaged muscle, low blood supply, and weakened vessels. And I'll find out if I can make you well."
"You'll find Jesus there too. He lives there."
The surgeon left. The surgeon sat in his office, recording his notes from the surgery, "...damaged aorta, damaged pulmonary vein, widespread muscle degeneration. No hope for transplant, no hope for cure. Therapy: painkillers and bed rest. Prognosis:, "here he paused, "death within one year."
He stopped the recorder, but there was more to be said. "Why?" he asked aloud. "Why did You do this? You've put him here; You've put him in this pain; and You've cursed him to an early death. Why?"
The Lord answered and said, "The boy, My lamb, was not meant for your flock for long, for he is a part of My flock, and will forever be. Here, in My flock, he will feel no pain, and will be comforted as you cannot imagine. His parents will one day join him here, and they will know peace, and My flock will continue to grow."
The surgeon's tears were hot, but his anger was hotter. "You created that boy, and You created that heart. He'll be dead in months. Why?"
The Lord answered, "The boy, My lamb, shall return to My flock, for He has done his duty: I did not put My lamb with your flock to lose him, but to retrieve another lost lamb."
The surgeon wept.. The surgeon sat beside the boy's bed; the boy's parents sat across from him.
The boy awoke and whispered, "Did you cut open my heart?"
"Yes," said the surgeon.
"What did you find?" asked the boy.
"I found Jesus there," said the surgeon.
Author Unknown - Celebrate Jesus in 2004
Jesus said, "If you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you before my Father.."
I Am not ashamed. Pass this on only if you mean it. "Yes, I do Love God. He is my source of existence and Savior. He keeps me functioning each and everyday. Without Him, I will be nothing. Without him, I am nothing, but with Him I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me." (Phil 4:13)
... I know I cannot communicate, so I guess I am not old :P
... 'nuff said!
And, the other two pics above CFK gets some funny press (while Time fails to investigate