* Kick back, get comfy and stay awhile - you know you want some NIF (News-Interesting-Funny).
* It is Wictory Wednesday! ... this weeks cause is the Anti-Judicial-nominee-filibuster issue, read more (& join WW) here
* Sri Lanka : Train accident kills 50 ... "passenger bus, apparently racing another bus, slipped past a barrier and tried to cross a railroad track" ... and you know the rest
* Bush energy plan ... use old military bases as refineries, more LNG terminals, more Nuclear power - good, good and great! ... and more here ... speaking of energy : 'Wind Power at Gitmo' ... "Gitmo... I've heard of that place somewhere. Oh, yeah, that's where the Navy installed 8 million kilowatt-hours of wind power"
* Maryland : Bison messing up traffic
* Belarus : Democracy inbound?
* Saudi : Chief Justice urges fighting U.S. ... "Saudi officials, including Luhaidan, publicly oppose holy war in Iraq, but send a different message in private" ... read the article, and then take this poll
* Israel : Anti-disengagement protest in Gaza ... and check ENGAGE - For a Secure Israel (EFSI) for more dis-engagement news
* BearingPoint : Class Action lawsuit ... and more here ... and more here
* People's Republic of California : Ammunition tagging and tracking bill ... naturally, the AntiCivilLibertiesUnion is completely silent
* 'House Passes Parental-Consent Abortion Bill' ... excellent!
* Oil : Slides below $52 ... hey, only needs to go down ~$27 more to be 'right-priced' ... maybe if we get ANWR oil flowing, some refineries built & operational and a Nuclear plant or 10 online we might just get there ...
* France : Airbus A380 takes flight ... "designed to carry 555 passengers but has room for more than 800" ... " $15.68 billion to develop ... subsidized by European governments" ... elsewhere : A380 can also have "cocktail bars, double beds, massage parlors, jacuzzis and mini-casinos" ... and, not wanting to be left out of the news, Boeing rings up some 787, 777 sales
* Bolton / UselessNations : 'What's so scary about John Bolton? ' ... "Bolton is the right man for the job, and the Democrats know it. The reason for their belligerent fear mongering is mainly that he will do what they cannot: utilize some common sense to defend American interests"
* DeLay : GOP (finally) rescind rule preventing probe
* 'Ethics in Washington consists of an absurdly minor and arbitrary set of rules that pols observe while they advance startlingly immoral legislation' ... "The pharisaical fervor over Tom DeLay and John Bolton is one more illustration of the emptiness of ethics in Washington"
* Air Marshall problems dress codes, lawsuits ... (cough) little things
* MS : Badmouthing XP to help sell Longhorn? ... and supposedly Longhorn will be more secure ... and Longhorn will also include a .PDF competitor called Metro (free, XML-based) ... enough about Longhorn, let's talk about cool stuff - like the XBOX360, and how it will eDRAM
* Condi08, and why Republicans != Racists
* Apple not too happy about unauthorized Jobs' bio ... pulls publishers' other books from shelves
* Collapse or collision: the big question in star formation
* Christian Science Monitor the World's Bloggiest Newspaper?
* 'Human by nature, not by function' ... "belief system is known as functionalism" ... and why this is no defense for baby killing
* TSA diverts United Flight 27 due to MP3 player, laptop
* Cisco buying Sipura ... $68M for VOIP gear
* Horse kills self during filing of 'Flicka' remake ... not to make light of the situation, but does that mean the movie is that bad?
* 'It's 11 o'clock. Do you know where your databases are?'
* POLL : GOP Presidential choices for 08
* Illinois : Fake racist letters ... hopefully punished just like real ones! ... and all because she wanted to leave (so why didn't she just leave?)?
* Social inSecurity : Calculator
* Bush's low poll #'s mean he's doing a good job? ... hmm, I want to believe ...
* Contract on America
* Campaign finance 'reform and a not sohidden agenda' ... " ANYONE still clinging to the notion that campaign-finance reformers are interested in "clean government" solely for its own sake should take a look at Illinois — specifically a race for a state Supreme Court seat" ... "If Democrat Gordon Maag won the Supreme Court race, the trial-lawyer gravy train would probably keep on rollin'. If Republican Lloyd Karmeier won (he did), he was expected to start hitting the breaks (he has)" ... "media bought this charade hook, line and sinker, referring to the Illinois Campaign for Political Reform as 'nonpartisan' and the Tone and Conduct Committee as 'independent'"
* The Google Jedi mind trick for MP3s
* Who should be 'the corporate blogger?
* Google : New ad tool ... "advertisers could now choose the Web sites that carry their ads and it was introducing animated graphical advertisements" ... and they still suck (for kicking me out :P )
* 'Introduction to Spyware Keyloggers'
* DNA evidence nabs 1973 Rapist ... man also "responsible for sexually assaulting at least 25 women in three states" ... excellent!
* Meet the $100k Personal SuperComputer ... "The 96-node machine fits under a desk and can be plugged into a standard power outlet"
* Police cause crime ... atleast, some would have you believe that!
* Do you know who said "This is a war by the extreme right wing motivated by the Zionists to quash academic freedom on campus" ... and, in the comments, "I now think it is time that parents speak to their children about the dangers of college before they send them away to some of these indoctrination centers"
* Infinity goes a-Podcasting!
* Gene mutation reduces need for sleep by 30%! ... "minisleep mutation is in a gene called Shaker, which codes for a protein that forms part of an ion channel in nerve cells"
* 'Berkeley Blood feast update' ... "16 year old girl who slashed the throat of a 75 year old woman"
* Custom stamps available, again
* Air Communist America being probed for threats against the President ... and still sucking ...
* Rapid concussion locating ..."By measuring reactions times in a battery of tests, the system is designed to detect even mild cognitive deficits associated with concussion or early dementia. DETECT completes its tests in about 7 minutes. Conventional cognitive tests require hours of testing and trained personnel to administer them, and score and interpret the results."
* 'Build an IDS with Snort, Shadow, and ACID'
* A "$1 Coin" - real gold this time
* Titan has organic material in upper atmosphere!
* ESA building ExoMars rover
* Desktop Fusion device?! ... "the technique is unlikely to lead to power generation, such a device could act as a portable source of neutrons for analyzing materials and medical imaging, and perhaps even spacecraft propulsion"
* Paypal fraud
* Snails are faster than ADSL! ... hahahha!
* True : You can cancel someone else's credit cards!
* I love taxes!
* Defining Hippie
* If the IRS had discovered the Quadratic Formula ... foundhere
* Proper ways to meet an ex-President
* True : W getting ~$38k Federal Income Tax refund ... he could "donate" to my "charity" ... ?
* Which are the 'whiny, self-absorbed, potty-mouthed little brats'?
* Senators are disenfranchised voters!? ... thanks Jody!
Political Activity of the Day
"Hold Their Feet to the Fire" Lobby At-Home Activity for Wednesday...Call D.C. Offices!
Sen. Ted Stevens (R-AK) - 202-224-3004
Sen. Richard Shelby (R-AL) - 202-224-5744
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) - 202-224-3841
Sen. Wayne Allard (R-CO) - 202-224-5941
Sen. Daniel K. Inouye (D-HI) - 202-224-4721
Sen. Tom Harkin (D-IA) - 202-224-3254
Sen. Larry Craig (R-ID) - 202-224-2752
Sen. Richard Durbin (D-IL) - 202-224-2152
Sen. Sam Brownback (R-KS) - 202-224-6521
Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) - 202-224-2541
Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA) - 202-224-5824
Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-MD) - 202-224-4654
Sen. Thad Cochran (R-MI) - 202-224-5054
Sen. Christopher "Kit" Bond (R-MO) - 202-224-5721
Sen. Conrad Burns (R-MT) - 202-224-2644
Sen. Byron Dorgan (D-ND) - 202-224-2551
Sen. Judd Gregg (R-NH) - 202-224-3324
Sen. Pete Domenici (R-NM) - 202-224-6621
Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) - 202-224-3542
Sen. Mike DeWine (R-OH) - 202-224-2315
Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA) - 202-224-4254
Sen. Tim Johnson (D-SD) - 202-224-5824
Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX) - 202-224-5922
Sen. Robert Bennett (R-UT) - 202-224-5444
Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT) - 202-224-4242
Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) - 202-224-2621
Sen. Herb Kohl (D-WI) - 202-224-5653
Sen. Robert Byrd (D-WV) - 202-224-3954
(You can call their offices directly, or call the Senate Switchboard (202-224-3121) and ask to be connected. )
--thanks Sandra @FAIR US!
Quotes of the Day
-It looks like Bolton will get to the U.N. in May, and that's a very good thing
--thanks Hugh Hewitt!
-Because liberalism is a persistent vegetative state
--thanks Confederate Yankee! (found via Moxie!)
-Nice touch, Senator. So, remind us again when the anniversary of your finest hour is.
--Scarborough to Kennedy (+Video!)
... click for source
... click for source