* It is Wictory Wednesday ... rejoice! (details to follow) ... hmm, no word from PoliPundit so I will just call today "Stop the RINO Day" (see the several RINO-related links below :) )
* NOTE : Limited blogation rules will be in effect Thursday-Sunday, I will be studying for and taking my CISSP exam! (Wish me luck!)
* Pray for Cao ... best wishes for a speedy recovery, TWA wants their General (Generaless?) back!
* Iraq : New US offensive underway ... "Right now there's a larger threat than should be in Haditha, and we're here to tell them that they're not welcome," ... prayers for our troops! ... and more here ... what media bias?
* EU : A "NO" vote looking more likely in France ... "They have also used the referendum as an opportunity to express dissatisfaction with the economy under President Chirac, who faces a major humiliation on Sunday" ... and maybe Belgium too! ... and 'Italy broke EU deficit limit in '01,'03,'04'
* Israel : Abbas backpedaling ... "looking to push back the July 17 vote by four months"
* Russia : Moscow, like any other day, but without Electricity ... "Energy Minister Viktor Khristenko said the breakdown was caused by a fire and explosion overnight at an electricity substation. There was no evidence of a terrorist attack"
* Israel : 'Hezbollah: All of northern Israel in our rocket range'
* Runaway bride Jennifer Wilbanks + jail? ... "The felony charge carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison, he said. The other count carries a penalty of up to a year"
* Filibuster : Priscilla Owen = confirmed! ... and other thoughts!
* Insurrection : FEC comment period ends June 3rd ... "You don’t have to be a lawyer to comment, and you don’t have to write 10 pages of legalese. Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and explain your concerns"
* Washington State : More on the stolen election .. case in progress!
* ESCR : 'Misinformation Overload: Adult Stem Cell vs. Embryonic Stem Cell Research' ... "Alas, the media blackout on adult stem cell research persists" - indeed! (What media bias?)
* Some truth about the so-called Trade Deficit ... "Adding a plus $100 to a minus $100 yields a perfect trade balance" ... found viaJack's Right
* While Rick may call these "Science Shorts", it is long on neat stuff! ... some ESCR, some black hole stuff, some planet destroying - you know, good stuff!
* 'Islam Is Not Compatible With Democracy'
* AntiCivilLibertiesUnion : Abortion is their top priority
* Florida : Interstate 75 shutdown for a WHAT? ... ahem, suspicious "package"
* BJ Ostergen : posting public officials' SSNs online ... an interesting, if unethical, way to try and prompt action (to help thwart ID Theft)
* POLL : "What will happen when President Bush nominates a Supreme Court Justice?" ... I chose #3; wishful thinking perhaps?
* RSR's Zel Miller interview, part 2! ... andas posted yesterday, pt1 is here
* "Rainbow Party" book ... for kids!? ... "a gathering of boys and girls for the purpose of engaging in group oral sex" (click link for more details) ... WTF??? ... I would say a boycott of the author (Paul Ruditis) and the publisher (Simon Pulse / Simon & Schuster) would not be a bad thing! ... that isn't even appropriate outside of, say, Penthouse ... (cough) Or so I have been told.
* Michigan : 1)Coworker wears perfume 2)You get sick 3)You get fired 4)You get $10.6M
* Congressional Republicans risking Global Currency War? ... and the last paragraph makes an excellent point as well :)
* 'Voinovich continues campaign against Bolton' ... (cough RINO cough)
* South Park Conservatism in the news ... "it loosely refers to an anti-liberal or an iconoclastic right-of-center type: someone who may not be traditionally conservative when it comes to things like censorship or popular culture or even on some social issues but who wants nothing to do with the dour, PC, and elitist Left."
* MURDOCH = #1 TV, Movie, Cable news, Paper
* Italy : Police find child torture site ... "Three Catholic priests, a police officer and a social worker are among 186 people reportedly under investigation" ... "The password-protected site was online for just nine days before being closed down in July. Web monitoring organization Telefono Arcobaleno tipped off authorities"
* (ex-)CIA agent Howard Hart being screwed?
* Arizona : Parole is bad ... Lionel Tate, the 'gentleman' who, at the ripe age of 12 murdered a 6 year old ... has now committed armed robbery
* "Sugar Socialism" vs CAFTA
* Malware locks up your files, holds them hostage ... interesting, if very rude, twist ...
* Filibuster : Good round-up here ... and "McCain has pulled a Jeffords"
* North Carolina : Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge found?
* YET MORE Voinovich shenanigans ... this time, WRT Special Counsel Scott Bloch
* Bonfire of the Vanities #99 is up! ... someday I hope to get into the "Link-Whoring, Excuse-Making, Shamelessly Self-Promoting Dorks " category! ... found via MVRWC (hi Beth!)
* North Carolina : Have some more taxes!
* BBS - the 5.5hr documentary! ... found via BoingBoing
* 'What’s so great about Oprah?' ... been trying to figure that one out for years ...
* No bladder shrinkage
* Dean was just doing his best Scarecrow impersonation! ... that explains it! ... and Dean, on why Blacks are annoyed with
* America's Grandpas (Paul Harvey & Walter Cronkite) ... found via Basil
* Europe vs US - thoughts on "hours worked" ... interesting!
* KoranGate : Just a little blip? ... Gindy asks : "I wonder if the families of the ones murdered feel it was a 'little blip'"
* What media bias?
* Illegal Immigration / Arizona : ' Governor Juanita, Alien Amiga' ... "The 4,000 to 8,000 illegal aliens who cross into Arizona daily have found a friend in Arizona. Her name is Janet Napolitano"
* A new Kerry-180 clock! ... "According to the Boston Globe, John Kerry finally signed Form SF-180 _ days ago. The contents of his file have yet to be released to the public." ... excellent!
* More thoughts on the "Housing bubble"? ... "Housing prices aren't just continuing to go up, they're going up even faster than ever" ... "I've lived through one of these bubbles before. Back in the early 90s, housing prices in California dropped by nearly 30% when our last bubble popped. I personally ended up selling a house I bought for $172,000 for $129,000"
* Patrick Deuel loses 500lbs ... still weighs more than 500lbs ...
* Retirees suing Rumsfeld, Cox
* NYT -190 jobs
* Sweden : High tax, low growth ... failing!
* 'Running on nothing... The Kos recipe for victory!'
* More on Paris Stupid Spoiled Whore Hilton
* How we hacked your database
* KoranGate'ish : 'Newsweek's Pandering To Anti-Americanism Abroad'
* Bloggers : Blogs are hot
* KoranGate'ish / FoleyGate'ish / EasonGate'ish : MediaSlander site, on the unverified nature of the "Newsweek Deaths"!? ... found via La Shawn Barber ... found via Basil (lots of other good stuff there too!)
* Romney tacking to the right, to run in '08?
* Remember the reason for Memorial Day
* GOP implosion in '06? ... "we need more Pat Toomey's and less establishment protection of RINOs"
* Social inSecurity : GOP caving? ... "Republicans would give Democrats almost everything they want and get virtually nothing in return. Sounds like the kind of plan John McCain and other Senate "mavericks" will enthusiastically support" ... and more here
* Gitmo = Gulag? ... only if you DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT! ... read the article ...
* MoFiZiX presents a list of RINOs
* Adscam : $355M later ...
* Should be a New OOTS today (#185) ... waiting ...
* Mangled romance novel covers ... "Darling ... I think you have lice" ... "Wardrobe Malfunction" ... "You're dead, and that's hot" ... "The Queen's Open Door policy" ... "It only burns when I pee" ... "OMG WTF! You're a Merman!" ... and Be sure to go to the "R Rated" page too!
* Filibuster : ' McCain Announces New 9/10ths Cloture Compromise' ... attack of the RINOs ...
* "Have one beer" plan goes awry ... "You know what they say about beer: You don't buy it, you rent it"
* 'Laura Bush Converts to Islam' ... what happens in the middle east, stays in the middle east :P
* Star Wars Engrish ... "Improbility trade the federal strike against the nape of the star the empress ten years, day that own the not of the common run power line peaceful anner the gold grow upped, and become a hero juedy warrior, but should be student of ao ratio king-kano the ratio have already been promoted to be the teacher ..."
* 'Giacomo enters rehab'
* Gotta raise the individual American's awareness of and interest in advertising ... by advertising ... "But advertising can't work for you if you don't pay attention!"
* 'Koran used as beverage coaster, 400 die in Muslim world'
* Bush Diary : "We wanted to instill feer into the American peeple or else we would not have won the thing where peeple vote" ... "Let's take the Koran for what it is wurth. It’s a terrorist training manual"
* Typo @ Newsweek - KoranGate should be KoreanGate!
* Crash investigators blame stupidity ... "Although reckless driving and minor driver impairment were cited as additional factors, police investigators ruled pure, unadulterated stupidity as the primary cause in the death" ... "We're fairly positive the deceased was operating under the influence of being an unbelievable dumbass" ... "The moron's name is being withheld out of respect for his stupid family, which is preparing lawsuits against the Arkansas Highway Department, the Union Pacific Railroad, and the David Sherman Corporation, which produces Everclear"
* Do you spend too much time online? ... "Monitor tan" setting in? Punching Monkeys?
* Love conquers subcultural differences
* Flash : Darth Vader knows of what you are thinking
* Should be a New ALP today (#116) ... waiting ...
* Filibuster : 'New McCain Deal Protects Democrat Electoral Rights'
* Laura Bush 'captions' ... "Milk and Cookies? You must be joking. On Tuesdays, we always slam a pony keg"
* Blooper : Your friend can tag his daughter?
* UF : Revenge of the Pith
* Flickr hosts Mafiosi wanted ad? ... as always, "Good looking female members are encouraged and welcome"
* NIN / Trent Reznor has a porpoise? ... my copy of "With Teeth" shoulda shown up by now dammit ...
* True : Rentable children!? ... I knew this kid was gonna pay for itself!
* Filibuster : McCain's cohorts - click here to see a pic of "Senate Republicans 2005"
* True / Crooks are stupid : Drug deal next to police cruiser ... and more!
* 'UFOs on Demand' ... "Prophet Yahweh has mastered the ancient art of summoning UFOs and spaceships ... When he conjures the spaceship in Las Vegas, it will hover in the air not far from Nellis Air Force base, clearly visible to everyone. It ought to be quite a site. You might want to book your flight to Vegas right away"
* Filibuster : Dean, in stills, on his "deal"
* True'ish : Darth Vader robs theater
Quotes of the Day
We ask Your guidance upon our soldiers, that You may steady their eye and that their aim be true and that the next time that sorry b4$t4rd gets in someone's sights that they are able to blow his freakin' head off.
A moment of reality (?) :
A man and a woman, who have never met before, but are both married to other people, found themselves assigned to the same sleeping room on a Transcontinental train. Though initially embarrassed and uneasy over sharing a room, they were both very tired and fell asleep quickly...--thanks Aaron!
he in the upper bunk and she in the lower.
At 1:00 AM, the man leaned over and gently woke the woman saying, "Ma'am, I'm sorry to bother you, but would you be willing to reach into the closet to get me a second blanket? I'm awfully cold."
"I have a better idea," she replied. "Just for tonight, let's pretend that we're married."
"Wow! That's a great idea!" he exclaimed.
"Good," she replied. "Get your own damn blanket!"
After a moment of silence, he farted.
Political Action of the Day
Illegal Immigration :
++Myth #1--Illegal aliens pay taxes that benefit our economy
Not true. Most illegals are paid in cash and therefore pay no taxes.
Even in instances where they do pay taxes (only possible if they use a fraudulent social security number or tax ID) they don't pay enough to cover their expenses.
A visit to any L.A. County maternity ward will give you ample proof of this. There thousands of women each year have babies free of charge (and many return to have more).
Additionally, the vast majority learn who to use the system to acquire food stamps and financial assistance.
++ Myth #2--Illegals come to the U.S. for jobs to support their families back in their homeland.
This is partly true. However record numbers of those illegally crossing the borders are women and children! What's more, there are also record numbers of dead-beat dads who simply abandon their families.
++ Myth #3--Illegals don't affect politics because they can't vote
Not true. The fact that they are counted in the census gives them political power. Since representatives in Congress are fixed, it creates a situation in state's that have a heavy influence of illegals.
Those "illegals" will likely be represented. As such, it takes away representation from people in other states--people who are here legally.
++ Myth #4--Illegals do the work that Americans won't do
Not true. Americans will do the work provided they are paid a reasonable wage. But profit-greedy employers and corporations are increasingly favoring cheap labor. Their profits soar, but at the expense of American taxpayers who have to subsidize the labor costs by supplying the illegal workforce (and their families) with welfare, education, medical, housing assistance. Employers of these people simply turn a deaf ear.
++ Myth #5--Illegal Immigration doesn't really affect me
Not true. As we have reported in the past, in non-border states like Connecticut, North Carolina, Georgia and New Jersey, illegal immigration is rampant. That means in each of these states, benefits allocated to citizens are being taxed and stressed by illegal infiltration. If the problem becomes severe enough (as in California and Arizona) those services dry up. In both L.A., and Tucson, AZ hospitals have been forced to close due to the incredible strain of illegals.
+ + Your nation. Your borders. Your voice!
Because you share Grassfire's concern for border security, we urge you to forward this message to 25-30 of your friends and family. This is not just a border state issue. Rather, it is a national epidemic that needs immediate addressing.
Grassfire is currently mobilizing tens of thousands of citizens who want Congress to aggressively respond to this obvious security threat. Over the next two weeks, we are urging those who have already signed our "Secure the Borders" petition to help us rally an additional 40,000 signers.
Once we reach the 200,000 threshold, Grassfire will take your petitions directly to Congress and demand the voice of the people be heard.
Thanks for taking immediate action with us.
P.S: Grassfire is continuing to build awareness and support for secured borders. Please forward this message to your friends and family, urging them to add their name to our "Secure Our Borders" petition:
Click pic for TAotB's post
PIC source here
(Looking back from 2008 election - how again did McCain get the nomination?)
(Thanks for the boots, Brett!)
Sorry it is a garbage picture, my camera phone sucks!
|What military aircraft are you?|
You are an F/A-22. You are technologically inclined, and though you've never been tested in combat, your very name is feared. You like noise, but prefer not to pollute any more than you have to. And you can move with the best.
|Click Here to Take This Quiz|
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.