* Welcome to the longest day of the year, and the first day of Summer!
* It is Kerry-180 Tuesday! ...
For those who ponder why in God’s name we’re STILL pursuing this, be it known: We feel it a reasonable request that a 20-year veteran of the United States Senate (and apparently a Vietnam veteran, all medaled and shiny we think) to tell the truth and nothing but... and PWL has Kerry's 180
* Sorry for the limited afternoon/evening blogation ... had to replace wife's (rear!) brakes ... and install my new winch! (sweet!)
* Lebanon : Anti-Syrian politician killed in bomb blast ... condolences
* S. Korea : Commercial whaling ban upheld
* Oil : Hits $60, then slides down just a bit ... OPEC promising to raise production (not sure that will help though!) ... and strike fears in Norway
* Saddam prison food ... my first thought is that Saddam eats better in prison than most free Iraqi's did under his rule .. but remember, (cough) WE are the Nazi's ... oh, and shocker - he doesn't like W :).
* Adelphia : John Rigas (80, founder) +15 years in jail ...
Were it not for your age and health, I would impose a sentence far greater than I do today ... Rigas' 48-year-old son, Timothy, the company's former chief financial officer, was sentenced to 20 years in prison- wow!
* Utah : Brennan Hawkins found, alive!
* Cali : Operation Silent Night nets 19 gang members
* Iraq : Becoming Vietnam? ... but due to those within the US, not those in Iraq ...
Stop the rhetoric NOW. Support the war; support the troops. Our men and women are dying over there, but many, many more terrorists are being stopped in their tracks. Terror is losing to freedom and democracy in Iraq, as it should wherever it rears it's UGLY head. If we don't want to see it rear it's ugly head HERE again, in America, on American soil; then we MUST keep the terrorist magnet (our Military) on Middle Eastern sands as our intelligence roots out their training cells around the world.... more wisdom, from a real liberal!
* Who is screwing up America? ... the (cough) top 20
* Photosynthesis, without the Photo part? ... well, without sunlight anyway ... bacteria GSB1 does it
* Bin Laden in Iran? ... which would be solved by following BlackFive's Iraq+Afghanistan exit strategy ... (see pic below) :P ... and his T-Shirts are sweet; wearing it now! (and the profits are donated to Soldiers' Angels)
* STOP THE "BROADCAST FLAG" ... EFF alerts us to Hollywood trying to outflank the courts (which had (rightly) rejected the FCC's authority to implement it)
* "Cosmos 1" (Solar sail) lift off today, 3:46pm ET ... "The sail will orbit earth for four days before it opens eight 14-meter (50 foot), ultra-thin triangular sails that should be visible from the Earth's surface" ... update : it failed to achieve orbit, debris in arctic ocean :(
* DeLay : Law firm approved his travel arrangements ... "he did nothing wrong" ...
* Social inSecurity : W failing to give the big push? ... DeMint (R-SC) to the rescue?
* Airbus, dumping? ... well, easy to do when you receive $BILLIONS in loans you don't need to pay back ...
* More on CardSystems little faux pas, revealing info for 40M credit card accounts ... keep any eye on your account activity, and on your credit report!
* GITMO'ish : Durbin is post-patriotic? ...
Among the many things that our American liberals ask us to swallow in our own best interest is the idea that it is an act of lèse majesté to call them unpatriotic even though they are utterly embarrassed by patriotism. Who has not heard the liberal across the dinner table dismissing nationalism as dangerous and aggressive? But we are not allowed to call them on it ... our post-patriotic elitists have a problem ... They have not offered anything to replace patriotism... and Minneapolis Star Tribune support Durbin ... shocker, so does WaPo .. so you know what that means ... and here is a list of the (cough) "Severe Human Rights Abuses" ... while NOfP tells us IT IS NOT JUST DURBIN and passes along the thought that censuring may not be enough? ... and Durbin supports our troops, but only if they come from his home state ... and More on Durbin, Clinton ... and Chappelle? :) ... and now introducing the "But you desecrated the Koran" defense ... if Chewbacca is a wookie, you must acquit? ... UPDATE : Durbin apologizes ... too little, too late?
* Florida : Democratic Party faces $900k IRS lien ... um, maybe they should pay their bills ... just saying ...
* Newt / UselessNations : America needs Bolton ... and, not UN-related, but more wisdom from Newt : he also calls for censure of Durbin (see also the link above about censure not enough!)
* Anti-cancer virus? ... "adeno-associated virus type 2, or AAV-2" to the rescue?
* EU : Software patents rejected ... even a broken clock can be right twice a day :) ...
* Nuclear power on a comeback? ... about time! ... found via TAotB ... who also has a quick thought about our need to build more refineries! (reference the ~$60/barrel if you need a reason why :( ) ... oh, and brings us this as well : Good RINOs? ... I might be a touch to Christian for this ... but FYI (I live to serve, or something)
* Another Kennedy sleaze ball ... "William Kennedy Smith ... remarkably sleazy and scary" ... apparently not a rapist, just a harasser
* Iran : Election shell-game ...
They may, for example, appear to have it give ground on nuclear development (actually just a postponement) in exchange for tacit U.S. agreement to stop supporting the democracy movement in Iran. The purpose would be to wait out the Bush presidency. This is a pattern they have used before, and it has worked for them* Screamin' Dean vs the Blue Dogs ... and how the BDs are right on some things; the Republicans in Congress are spending too much and -
Congress, they say, must restrain spending, punish agencies that flunk their audits, cut back Medicare and order collection of uncollected taxes... Dammit. Now go read the article to see where they are wrong :)
* Firefox : v1.0.5 test builds available! ... file : Win* installer here
* Nader, "contemporary PT Barnum", opening a museum dedicated to Tort? ... so sad
* Culture of failure ... sad
* ESCR / Belgium : Immature eggs being matured in a lab to produce stem cells ... the word for today is "slippery slope"
* Global Warming : Manufacturing controversy ... and Time For Action! ... ahem ...
The national academies of science of eleven nations recently united to warn us of impeding climatic doom resulting from our careless inflation of the atmospheric carbon dioxide concentration from its God-ordained 19th century value of 0.00029 to the current astronomical magnitude of 0.00038. With increasing fears that this extra plant food will cause a choking of our cities and highways with unwanted greenery, and the Russians' concern that winter temperatures will warm above -40 deg. F, thus changing the hibernation habits of the endangered Siberian snow snake ...... quite right, and read for the details of the Spencer-Spencer bill :) ... meanwhile, the BBC publishes their "Guide to Climate Change"
* Steroids vs Miscarriages?
* Free file hosting online? ... unlimited, shareable ... haven't used it yet - let me know what you think!
* Old games never die, they just end up getting saved from a dumpster and resurrected online ... "Castle Infinity" alive, and free
* France : Chirac = unpopular? ... aw, so sad ...
* Argentina screwed Italians for 70% of $100B in '01, now trying to do it again?
* Hong Kong : New Leader appointed (by China) ... "(Donald) Tsang would begin his two-year term as chief executive on Tuesday, replacing Tung Chee-hwa"
* Netscape fixes IE problem ... that kills me :)
* Illegal Immigration'ish : Remittances - not the problem some would have you believe?
* $500 Ethernet card, and why your might want a few? ...
Level 5 Networks Inc. believes it can solve the growing problem of inefficient Ethernet connectivity with its EtherFabric network card and software ... The EtherFabric network card and software are less of a drain on host server CPUs and allow servers to communicate with each other faster and at higher speeds. The company also claims that using EtherFabric will enable users to reduce the number of servers they deploy... if they need a tester I am ready, willing and available!
* USAF : Thunderbirds now include a chick
* Apple going all dual-CPU!
* Ars brings us a Robo-Round-Up ... limbs, lifelike, vacuums, etc.
* Patent Reform? ... will they get it right, or break it more?
* Jacko : Trial was worth it, even though he was acquitted ...
As long as this power is not abused by stalking innocent citizens, we are comfortable with the use of intimidation as an instrument of policing ... By the time the vultures have been placated, Michael will have paid through whatever he uses in place of a nose* Google owns "GoogleBucks.com" domain ... meaning ... ?
* How To : Build your own PC ... now you don't need to call me :P
* Mars : Martian life threatens human mission?
* 'Faith in the Battlefield' ... while the article itself is worth a read, the comments are also enlightening - atleast for those who believe in a hard and fast, complete separation of church and state
* Terri : 'Michael Schiavo Is a Vile and Petty Man' ... wow, those little (repugnant) factoids were not well publicized.
* Aaron does a Monday Headline round up ... the winner on that list, IMHO - "Conyers (D-Mich) thanks ... the most openly anti-American far left site on the web, notorious for its sheer insanity"
* How To : Cheap GPS receiver
* Birth Control, for men?
* EW : USB thumb drive .. that looks like a thumb?! ... and only 128MB; why bother?? ... or get a 32MB USB drive free from IBM (not thumb shaped) ... and to use either of these, or any other USB devices, you need to know How To : make a USB port for your XBOX!
* Hi-Res GoogleMaps!
* Malware : CCleaner updated
* Create your own, custom Converse!
* WiFi also useful as Lo-Jack for laptops?
* India : Mother sells daughter to brothel ... oh, and the daughter is only 14 ... apparently the (cough) loving mother did the same thing to the girl's older sister ... sad.
* The Alliance of Free Blogs : The Great Link-Whore Debate ... and the answer, as to who is the BIGGEST LINK WHORE ... wait for it ... any second now ... IT IS THIS GUY! ... predictable, no? ... "INSTAPUNDO DELENDA EST!", indeed!
* True : DC Chief of Police Ramsey, car theft victim ... :)
* Remote control "Tumbler" (new Bat-mobile), 1/6 scale!
* Letter from Uncle Saddam
* ' Scientists Create Sperm, Egg From Product Of Sperm, Egg' ... "Other analysts see a future in which grandiose-sized oak tress could emerge from something as simple and negligible as the common acorn" ... found via Bisal ... who beat me there again, and has other good linkage to! (including Harvey's thoughts on link whoring - and FWIW, I am just link farming, so that is ok :P )
* True? : Labia envy?
* GITMO'ish : Otis in jail!
* True : "The stolen election of 2000" killed him ... now that is a BS obit! ... found via Malkin
* Pizza : I don't remember ordering sausage on this!? ... Drawn Together reference ...
* Aruba : CASE SOLVED ... it may be wrong to laugh, but it is still funny ... found via I don't need to say it again, do I?
Quote of the Day
Puppy Wisdom :
When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.--thanks Aaron! (via email)
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.
Let others know when they've invaded your territory.
Stretch before rising.
Run, romp, and play daily.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout, run right back and make friends.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have had enough.
Be loyal. Never pretend to be something you're not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently