* Don't forget - today is Wictory Wednesday ... today's action item : Help Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA) get re-elected (and defeat Bob Casey, Jr.)
* Oh, and about the title of the post : remember, it is random :)
* Afghanistan : 14 killed in terrorist blast in Mosque
* Netherlands / EU : Polls indicating that they will be the second country in four days to reject the EU ... first, remember how (cough) reliable polls can be -and- secondly, SWEET! ... and Liveblogging of Dutch vote ... "Never before have people turned out in such high numbers to vote in a European election" ...
* Iraq : "The newly elected government of Iraq has requested an extension of the US mandate for providing their security from the United Nations, telling the world body that arbitrary timetables should be put aside"
* Indonesia : Aussie launches bioterror attack against embassy ... reprisal for insultingly light punishment of Abu Bakar Bashir, possibly trumped up sentencing of Schapelle Corby, or _____ ?
* Cali : Laguna Beach landslide ... ~18 houses, each worth ~$1.5-40M destroyed; more threatened / at risk ... BUT NO SERIOUS INJURIES / DEATHS! (check the "email to Arianna link under Funny :P )
* Jordan / Saudi Arabia : Our "allies"
* Oil : Surges to over $54!
* Alaska : $1.5M for a bus stop?? ... Ted Stevens, Emperor of Pork? ... includes "heated sidewalks" ... WTF? (per capita spending in Alaska tops $1k, national average is ... ready ... $30 (that is not a typo!))
* UselessNations : Employee termination, OFFF fallout ... Kofi cans Joseph Stephanides, should have canned self :)
* Malware : New BAGEL making the rounds
* Rusty says Fox News, or atleast Jim Powell, is all left / wrong ... and when Rusty is right, he is right. And Rusty, he's always right ... although, with Powell's article being titled "U.S. Has Long History of Waging Wrong Wars" it is easy to be right :)
* Sign me up for some of that corporate blogging $$
* Illegal Immigration : Iranian invasion - of the US? ... again - a nation that cannot secure her borders is not secure! ... while talking about Iran : EU3 a strange animal, and France making $ by delaying any progress with Iran ... wow, that doesn't sound familiar ... Hmm, what other (formerly) corrupt Arab govt could France have been (financially) in bed with??
* KoranGate'ish : So, wanna know what the "Flag in the trashcan" cover of Newsweak translated as? ... quite "enlightening", and a(nother) GREAT reason to cancel your subscriptions!
* "Self wiring supercomputer" ... Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) chips for everyone!
* New Daily Must Read : "Conservative Grapevine" ... found via Right Wing News
* Trent Reznor - Bush hater ... that's too bad, I've always been a fan of NIN (atleast up until 'The Fragile', which IMHO suxored ... and my order of 'With Teeth' got bunged by Amazon and I need to re-order)
* LiveOS : Whoppix 2.7.1 (direct link to ISO) ... "stand alone penetration testing live cd based on Knoppix"
* Michael Crook packs up toys, runs home to mommy ... this is the douche who ran "Forsake the Troops", "Forsake the Police", etc. ... he also faked his own death/suicide (I forget which and, to be honest, don't care to look into it) ... OH, go read this! (Not safe for kids) ... found via VAM
* NASA : "We can go to Mars" ... as much as I want that to be true, don't we need to get off the ground first?
* Another bank (UBS, this time) misplaces some 'sensitive client data'
* What does France's "NO EU" vote mean to us? ... "Now even a Jeffersonian minimum has gone down the drain and with it a lot of hope within Europe" ... and more thoughts here ... "Apparently it does not occur to Mr. Juncker that the constitution itself may be objectionable and unacceptable. Similarly, it does not occur to Mr. Juncker that even if he is right in thinking that the constitution should be accepted come Hell or high water, the EU must nevertheless respect the decision made by individual nation-states to reject the constitution"
* Iraq : Some thoughts on Amnesty for terrorists International, and Saddam's (cough) 'humanity'
* Andromeda just tripled in size, now 220k light years across ... well, it didn't actually triple - we remeasured it with the ole Keck II
* HowTo : Make your own USB fan
* Solar backpack?
* Lucas against Bush, America?
* MS : Removing "My" from Documents, Music, Computer
* ESCR : One medical hurdle overcome ... "imprinting", "epigenetics", "stability" ... ESCR is still a very slippery slope!
* "Hate Group" map (.PDF) ... speaking of hate (crimes) : Thought Crime? ... "This bill somehow gives the government special powers to see what is going on in someones heart at the time of a crime"
* Texting helps quit smoking?
* Blender 2.37 released (direct link to EXE) ... neat looking graphical manipulation prog
* Education : "What a wonderful win it could be for the Democratic Party: a lawsuit by the National Education Association and the American Federation of Teachers yanking hundreds of low-income students out of successful public and private schools and stuffing them back into the failing public schools from whence they came" ... stop them (NEA, AFT), before they do (even) more damage
* LiveOS : Slax5.0.5 (direct link to ISO) ... "SLAX SE is a pocket operating system providing wide collection of useful software with Xwindow system and KDE desktop environment"
* Some thoughts on longevity and creativity ... WRT discoveries, creations, etc. ... "The real problem may not be biological, but experiential"
* Watergate : Interesting thoughts on Deep Throat, Nixon ... WRT Nixon - "That is his legacy. He was a peacemaker. He was a lying, conniving, covering up peacemaker. He was not a lying, conniving drug addict like JFK, a lying, conniving war starter like LBJ, a lying conniving seducer like Clinton -- a lying conniving peacemaker. That is Nixon's kharma" ... and Felt, the family goldmine ... and some more thoughts here, "Vanity or Hypocrisy" ... and, from the 'irony reigns supreme' department : "Justice ultimately prevails"
* Our Constitution, flawed? ... though provoking, no?
* Thoughts on France's quasi-socialism, and attacks on the honor of the US ... "Faults? What faults? The high unemployment, mass immigration, high taxes and intrusive governments? Because, you know, the French achieved all of that without any help at all" ... long read, but well worth it!
* North Carolina : This |--| close to killing the Death Penalty, except for babies (of course)
* Neat rundown of "Clinton Scandals" ... just in time for Hillary's expected Presidential run ... found via MadTech's free form, multi-topic post (good stuff there!)
* Washington State / Stolen Election : Those were just honest mistakes ... "They only 'inadvertently' got 785 more votes than there were voters in Democrat-stronghold King County...just an innocent little 'oops' in the electoral process" ...
* DeLay'ish : More 'travel grift', this time its the Dems
* Cali : Assisted Suicide bill in the works
* WiMax, soon?
* Podcasting Congress ... I think that is, actually, an excellent idea! (audio has many advantages over simple text transcripts)
* SCHMoogle = randomized Google ... found via Google Blogoscoped
* Indiana : Planned Parenthood, goin' to court! ... what, we were supposed to report child molestation?
* Insurrection'ish : Screw the FEC ... even if Reid (D-Nev) is getting some credit :)
* CNN to (ahem) "embrace diversity" ... that'll make the terrorists like us more!
* Italy : No free speech here!
* New OOTS (#188) ... the old gold bath, and poor Roy :(
* 'Top 10 Shopping Cart Abusers' ... ?
* True : An amusing tail, USMC Sometimes-Private First Class Mitchel ... I like his sense of humor; even if his CO doesn't ...
* McCain solves Ohio Farmhouse murders ... like so many other times, found via Basil (keeps finding things before me ... bastard)
* Sir Peter Maxwell, on single mothers ... in conclusion : "Surely the time has now come for boot camps and workshops to be introduced into this country. Sterilize them, lock them up and put them to work for the good of England and St George."
* Caption this : "German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder and French President Jacques Chirac make the four-legged, two-headed love beast" ... actually, that caption is good enough! :)
* Jeff has some Cable Co issues ... "Insight Communications" ... giving him the $82+ "special"! ... and yes, also found via Basil ... also from Basil's funhouse : Anti-Americanism explained ... "The acting in Revenge of the Sith was an Abomination against Allah"
* Doing my part to help the Llama butcher defeat Wonkette ... Bloggers, you can help too! ... oh yeah, and found via WuzzaDem
* Flash : I am still addicted to Bowmaster ... up to level 100!! ... hundreds of flash games here (including a bunch of 'classics'!)
* Watergate : 'Deep Throat leak threatens joint FBI-WaPo spy ops'
* Get well, Abu ... just a simple, little wish for our favorite terrorist, made by Basil ... found via Rusty
* White Trash Wednesday : Of courses strippers are for kids! ... sadly, this article is truth-based ... and the stripper in question is FUGLY!
* Watergate : Deep who? ... Felts scooped W&B by mere weeks ...
* KoranGate'ish : 'U.S. blamed for Koran harm in WTC collapse'
* "Joanie loves Chewie", and other rejected Star Wars TV shows
* Flash : Mario! ... first try, I made it to level 13
* ALP#118 ... meat beer?
* Email to Arianna; landslide totally ruined our LandRover AND our H2!
* Gitmo : More detainee complaints!
* True : 49ers just a bit racist in a training video ... heard about this on Don & Mike this afternoon, but found via you know who