Click here to zoom down to the before-during-after pics! :)
* It is Stop the ACLU Thursday! ... today's bonus-focus point : how they like burning the US flag :P ... and Raven has a few thoughts too ... or, we could look at they are failing to live up to their members' expectations
* SCOTUS / Eminent Domain : Govt says "All your
* New York : Cheng Chui Ping (56), convicted of "Human Smuggling"
* Global Warming : Senate rejects "greenhouse gas" limits ... and Kyoto, the bad idea that won't die ... well, unless you like global recessions, that is ... and
Meanwhile, the Europeans, who had written the treaty to give themselves an economic advantage over the United States, managed to bribe the Russians into agreement, and Kyoto was officially ratified last November. Still, Europe is not meeting its reduction targets... goose, gander?
* Cali / Arizona : +Wildfires
* Oil : $60, briefly ... which means we hit a $25 fear-factor in the price :(
* 'Profile Of The Child Molester' ... the most important thing you had better read!
* Malware : Targeting TCP/445 ... windows is the target, naturally ... WFS is evil
* Iran : Time for regime change
* Building models "activates your brain" ... how about blogging? :)
* Abolish all filibusters? ... or make every vote require a super-majority. Basically, those are the options as long as Obstructionism reigns supreme in the DNC.
* How To : Work-around HP cartridge expiration
* The "criminalization of bad corporate governance" is a bad thing? ... not so sure I agree with that, in these extreme cases real people lose their future ...
* Support ANTI-Cair ...
“Since its founding in 1994, CAIR and its employees have combined, conspired, and agreed with third parties, including, but not limited to, the Islamic Association for Palestine (“IAP”), the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development (“HLF”), the Global Relief Foundation (“GRF”), and foreign nationals hostile to the interests of the United States, to provide material support to known terrorist organizations, to advance the Hamas agenda, and to propagate radical Islam. CAIR, and certain of its officers, directors, and employees, have acted in support of, and in furtherance of, this conspiracy.”... found via Cao's Blog
* William Powell still fighting to get his "The Anarchist Cookbook" taken out of print
* Super Computer ranking ... IBM's half-finished monster (Blue Gene/L) on top
* 'Third Wave Gentrification' ... all due to telecommuting!
* Emotions affect water? ...
Mr. Emoto has discovered many fascinating differences in the crystalline structures of water from many different sources and different conditions around the planet. Water from pristine mountain streams and springs show the beautifully formed geometric designs in their crystalline patterns. Polluted and toxic water from industrial and populated areas and stagnated water from water pipes and storage dams show definitively distorted and randomly formed crystalline structures.... Weird, yes. True, ???
* "Bionic Man" - artificial limbs that are moved by thinking about it
* EU : 'Constitution Is Not Dead' ... delaying tactic thrown into the works to try and get support above the 50% mark in Denmark, Luxembourg, and Poland
* Young vs Marx, or Mormonism vs Socialism ...
Why did Brigham Young's culturally backward followers flourish and prosper in the desert, whereas Marx's most brilliant disciples ended by killing tens of millions of human beings in the name of progress?... interesting read.
* How the Credit Card black market works
* Healthcare : US has 2.5-outa-3 ... and Socialized healthcare, e.g. Canada & Hillary-Care, don't measure up
Trouble is, many news outlets will take the "findings" of the "survey" at face value -- and help spread the lie that our roads are less safe today than before Congress repealed Drive 55.* Used home sales down a tiny bit, median price inches higher - $207,000 ... which doesn't even buy a 30yr old townhouse in this area :(
* Gamers react to virtual violence the same way people they would to real violence
* ~"160,000 Christians are martyred each year worldwide" ... and Voices of Martyrs is trying to help them (the martyrs, not the killers)
* 171 ways to say "Hello World"
* Nuclear Korea : Mushroom cloud, on 09/11/04?
* Skype 188.8.131.52 released
* 'Red on Red' - "When terrorists start killing each other" ... found via EJ, who chimes in with "Insurgent Gladiator"
* Bloggers : People need to know you have updated your site ... here's how ... since I use Blogger it pings a site or two, and I manually use PingOMatic (you can bookmark the ping so you just click on that bad boy and it does the work)
* The Alliance of Free Blogs : Results from the New Home for Detainees assignment ... and I have first slot! Sweet! Feel that linkie-love!
* True'ish : Hans' thoughts on the Cosmos 1 - it's sailing alright! ... "We’d a been better off if we’d just stuffed that six million in a giant empty tuna can, set it ablaze, and fired it into the ocean with a circus cannon."
* W is planning on pushing Cali off the US ... *MOONBAT ALERT*
* Sad / Cali : "Shox News" ... "We distort, you comply"
Quotes of the Day
We can laugh again. The irrepressible Senator Joe Biden has announced on CBS's Face the Nation that he is seeking the presidency. He thought about running in 2004, but feared he had gotten the presidential itch too late. Dr. Howard Dean was already a shoo-in. Now he only has Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton to worry about, and Senator Biden apparently is not all that worried. Perhaps he shares my childlike belief that the American people are becoming impatient with liars. Senator Clinton has been caught lying so many times by independent counsels and others that the American people will give her candidacy short shrift.--thanks R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr.
It is hard to blog when you can’t see the keyboard.--thanks Michael!
Quote of the Day
Rumsfeld calls deadline for Iraq pullout a mistake--thanks Basil!
Democrats counter: "It worked in Vietnam. Oh. Wait. Nevermind."
Riley - Before, during, after :