* We had a preemptive First Birthday Party for Riley ... and she got some cake, pictures below!
* And a preemptive Happy Birthday to Debbie & David, too!
* Iraq : "Operation Spear" ... 1000 Marines on the move in Anbar
* KPMG in big trouble, apologizes ... trying / hoping to avoid indictment for offering "abusive tax shelters"
* Cali, Earthquake : 6.4 (aftershock?)... 6.6 according to FOX
* New York : TYCO CEO Kozlowski (and finance guy Swartz) GUILTY! ... facing decades in prison!
* Cali : Marcus Wesson found guilty of Murder*9 ... horrific story of incest, abuse and murder
* New York : (Another) Helo crash, near UN HQ
* ID Theft : 40M victims? ... they just don't get it ... "CardSystems Solutions Inc" puts users of all Credit Cards at risk
* Goodyear Blimp, down
* Oil : hits record high, clears $58 ... $23 too high; "Crude-oil prices are likely to reach $70 barrel" ... even as FOXNEWS reports that 1T (yes, with a T) barrels of oil have been found in the Rockies ... that would be sooo sweet! (Sure, My SUV loves Iraqi oil, but it would love US oil even more!)
* 63-year-old Dean Arthur Schwartzmiller molested 36000 children?? ... AND he logged it all - who, what, where ... sickening
* GITMO : 'What's a bigger national embarrassment - GITMO or Durbin?' ... just the title makes it worth reading! ... and more here ... AND
* A special way to say (cough) "HI" to German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder in DC! ... found via Cao! ... pic below :)
* PETA : PETA is bad for animals ... blogburst in the making, and remember People Enabling Terrorist Atrocities ...
they call humans "a cancer" and insist we all become become vegetarians.... and eco/ani-terrorists "pose serious threat"
They also say that all animal testing, necessary for testing new drugs, be eliminated.
"Even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we'd be against it"
* Terri : Autopsy supports her being cognizant? ...
It's always seemed to us that PVS isn't really a diagnosis; it's a value judgment masquerading as a diagnosis... and getting really speculative :
the evidence does not rule out that Terri Schiavo's condition could have been triggered by a blow to the solar plexis -- known as commotio cordis -- or by nontraumatic asphyxia, which could be produced by a pillow or hand to the face... and her parents:
Terri was not terminal, that Terri had no living will, that Terri had a strong heart and that Terri was brutally dehydrated to death* Nepalese porters are "the most energy efficient human transporters in the world" ... I'll stick with my Jeep, thanks anyway!
* Pakistan : "Our Allie" ... yes and no ...
* 'FDA Approves Superbug Antibiotic, Tygacil (tigecycline)' ...
The US FDA has approved Tygacil™ (tigecycline), a novel IV antibiotic with a broad spectrum of antimicrobial activity, including activity against the drug-resistant bacteria Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA). Tygacil is indicated for the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal infections (cIAI) and complicated skin and skin structure infections (cSSSI) in adults* IRS being unfair, to our troops!? ... support the "Heroes Earned Retirement Opportunities (HERO) Act" ... think Fair Tax
* AntiCivilLibertiesUnion : 'distorts our past and subverts our future' ...
The ACLU and its affiliates have twisted the original intent of the First Amendment. They have taken words from Thomas Jefferson and wrenched them out of context. Sadly, nobody in the mainstream press has called the ACLU on their misapplication of the Constitution.... too true!
* Anti-Flag-Desecration Amendment - a case of "Distorted Priorities" ... 'cuz The "no anti-lynching law" apology sure was!
* Tom Grip of Death Cruise proposes to Katie Holmes ... not really news, but I got to mention the Grip of Death again
* Dell wants an Apple?
* Russia : LOTS of kids for adoption ... such a terrible situation ... orphans :
40% end up in criminal gangs... please consider adoption!
40% become alcoholics or drug-addicts
10% commit suicide
a mere 10% live "normal" lives
* Human Sexuality, or how Stephen Hawking gets some ... well, kinda ... and he has a website
* UselessNations : Fighting their "global tax" ... support the "Paul amendment"!
* Crystal, in Paradise!
* MadTech goes SuperSize ... good round-up of the week's events ... and quicker than reading 5 of my posts :) ... and here's one he beat me to: Firefox having trademark problems
* Time Travel!? ...
you can pop back in time and have a look around, but you cannot do anything that will alter the present you left behind ... quantum mechanics ... So, if you know the present, you cannot change it. If, for example, you know your father is alive today, the laws of the quantum universe state that there is no possibility of him being killed in the past... I am soo relieved!
* UselessNations : House approves UN-fund-slashing!
* "Activate your Central Nervous System" ... who needs Caffeine? (ahem, me!)
* Your house wants FTTP ... and so does mine (drooling)
* Bloggers : AdSense alternatives ... and remember, Google is 'blue' ...
* Alliance of Free Blogs : 'Precision Guided Humor Assignment: New Home for Captured Terrorists' ...
my answer is quite simple! ...* OOTS #195! ... Dianetics, and halflings are important?332 Dirksen Senate Office Building... aka the office of the (cough) Honorable Richard "Dick" Durbin ... elegant, simple and a win-win - I mean, some of the soon-to-be-free terrorists wanted to get to DC anyway, so instead of just giving them a couple years at the GITMO Day Spa we'll deliver directly to them Capital.
Washington, DC 20510
* New Game : Blame Dean! ... started here