* Friday, at long last ... so - what are you doing this weekend? With any luck, I will be goin' offroad :)
* NJ : Bodies of the 3 missing boys found ... condolences, and prayers for the family ... developing
* Iraq : 6 US GIs killed ... including 3 women, condolences for them all ...
* Iowa : Mad Cow case #2 Confirmed
* China : Flooding kills 500+ ... condolences!
* Woman caught with explosives in undergarments ...
"I didn't kill anyone,'' she wailed. "Do you think they will forgive me?''... the only reason you didn't is because you were caught, and I hope you never get a chance to try again!
* Romania : Nun dies mid-exorcism
* Missouri : Praxair Distribution plant on fire, exploding in St Louis ... no injuries!
* IRS - possible data loss/theft!
* Update on wounded MilBlogger Chuck Ziegenfuss, en route to WRAMC! ... found via BlackFive (again; and please don't forget his Sweet T-Shirts!)
* Iraq : They don't want a timetable! ... who do you trust - the Dems or the Iraqis?
... and remember, Democracy is working!
... and BBC acknowledges they are safer due to the War in Iraq
... and 'Guess Who's Paying Zarqawi?' ...
Principled opposition to war has its place, although I disagree with it. This is different -- it's aiding and abetting mass murderers... and let's define sedition ...
* SCOTUS / Eminent Domain - "Kelo v. City of New London" :
More thoughts ... the end of our ownership society? (good while it lasted)
... and Malkin does a round-up here and here
... and Right-thinking libs agree!
... and Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler adds ... :
People are working themselves in fits over the Supreme Court property ruling. You property owners need to buck up and take one for the community! Maybe you'll no longer be part of that community, but the sacrifices of the few make our cities stronger, and a stronger cities will have increased public funding for soup kitchens and shelters for any of you who get dispossessed... and nice-doggie makes nice T-Shirts (wearing mine now) :)
... and What part of the Constitution will SCOTUS dismantle next?? ... My Entry (below) ... found via Memento Moron ... :
Contest ends when the U.S. Constitution has been completely dismantled. Scores from all rounds will be tallied, overall standings posted, and all contest participants lined up against the wall and shot... and BlogsOfWar does a round-up ... and questions the lack of media coverage, and links to the Institute for Justice
* How Hummingbirds hover ... um, by flapping their wings. Fast. :)
* Oil : Simulation ... Nigeria upheaval yanks 600k bpd off the market :
oil prices rise to $82 per barrel and gasoline is $3.31 per gallon... and then terrorists strike in Saudi :
Damage is limited but another 250,000 barrels a day are lost to the markets. Oil shoots to $97 a barrel; gasoline leaps to $4.05 per gallon... and then terrorists strike in US :
terrorists hijack a tanker and crash it into one of America's key oil facilities, setting most of the Valdez, Alaska, port on fire (-another 1M bpd) ... the price of crude goes to $123 a barrel and gasoline is $4.75 a gallon... yeah, I (cough) don't see any reason to have a strong energy policy ...
* Global Warming : Kyoto, and why it should be canceled ...
The answer is that its underlying science is fatally flawed; it costs a fortune; it will have almost no cooling effect (0.02 degree Celsius in 2050); and, finally, it will play havoc with our economic system, with dire implications for our prosperity and freedom.... and, simply, it is unfair ...
* Clintons : Which one will run for President in 2008? ... repealing the 22nd Amendment?
* Allstate fires employee for writing an "anti-gay article" ... hello, ACLU?? Yeah, I thought not ...
he hopes consumers who hold traditional values will stop patronizing Allstate.* How To : Make yourself work
* UK : The "Let Islamonazis Destroy Free Speech Bill" passes first hurdle
* SCOTUS / Flag Burning :
* New Zealand : Rats:1 ... Telecoms:0 ... no phone, power for you!
* AntiCivilLibertiesUnion : More on the "separation of church and state" ...
Did you know that the VERY FIRST Act of the first Continental Congress in 1774 was a motion to pause for a prayer? The motion passed (obviously) and it was actually a Jewish prayer that was read -- Psalm 35.On December 11, 1776, The newly formed United States Congress invited states to celebrate a national day of fasting and humiliation to beg God's pardon for the actions of the people of the new country.* Brazil : Note - The US is NOT invading ...
George Washington ORDERED soldiers to begin each day with a public prayer.
During the Jefferson administration, the largest church service in the country was held in the U.S. Capital Building.
If you are religious, the ACLU hates you. Do not support them. Do not believe their lies. This great nation was founded on religion, no matter who tells you otherwise.
As Brazil’s largest trading partner, our only crime is we buy their crap by the butt-load and put food on their thankless tables. Our reward is a Brazil that sucks up to Chavez, circulates anti-American forgeries and burns the same forests they charge us with trying to steal* Israel : Some thoughts on "liberating" "Palestine" ...
Wake up, sleepers. Hamas is about genocide against Israelis and the unqualified destruction of the Jewish state... and Abbas creating the "if you can't beat them, let them join you" theory of terrorist "control"?
* "'Medical' marijuana clubs were actually just illegal drug clearing houses and money-laundering schemes for the Asian mob"
* MIT creates a new form of matter ... "a gas of atoms that shows high-temperature superfluidity"
* How To : React to a chemical attack ... hint - it's not to evac ... Basil adds - "On the other hand, it beats the hell out of being consumed by burning acid" ... he also has details on some mad cows, a record "bust" and Alabama gets a geranium :P
* Apple to unintentionally kill PodCasting? ... doubtful
* What it takes to be an American politician
* Malware : RealPlayer flaw = 0wn3d
* 'Darth Rove Wields Political Light Saber' ...
Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 in the attacks and prepared for war; liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers... hey, atleast he didn't call Durbin a Nazi
... and 'Dems Feign Outrage at Rove's Mild Remarks'
... and "How dare he try and divide the country. That’s our job!" (and a round-up :) )
... and "liberal" != "Chomskyites" ...
Most liberals supported swift retributive action against al Qaeda and the Taliban. It needs to be remembered that a liberal is not the same as a Chomskyite Leftist. Unfortunately, a large part of the Left blogosphere is made up of Chomskyites who say they are liberals, when actually they are far to the left of most of the Democratic party. They are no more liberals than I am a conservative. They are Leftists, or to use their own lingo, they are Progressives.... and, just to keep Durbin's feet on the fire : The feather pillow ... excellent bit o' wisdom from an old Hasidic tale
... and 'Rove Gets Nailed For Hitting The Nail On The Head'
... and Puppy Blender weighs in
... and 'Karl Rove is a genius, Volume 94'
* France : +Fusion ... International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER) finally finding a home?
* AntiCivilLibertiesUnion / Illegal Immigration / New Mexico : 'Do As We Say Not As We Do'
* DNC, poor comedians, lost elections ...
Bear this in mind when you read what the Democratic National Committee came up with to explain why John Kerry lost the election in Ohio. It’s a perfect illustration of bad comedy. In fact, if I were to rate the show they put on yesterday in the unveiling of this 200 page report on voting “difficulties” in Ohio, I’d have to give a thumbs down.... and a quote from GOPBloggers :
Not only did the performer, a Mr. Howard Dean, not have any sense of timing, he had no sense of the absurd whatsoever. In fact, Mr. Dean did not even realize he was involved in a comedy skit. However, since his audience didn’t either, I guess that makes them even.
One thing I will say is that as comedies go, the material was excellent. For pure enjoyment, it doesn’t get any better than this. In dealing with those electronic voting machines that Mr. Deans theater group
When Christine Gregoire “won” the gubernatorial race in Washington state by a mere 129 votes, Democrats called it a done deal… despite mountains of evidence of irregularities…... true, sad & funny all at once!
Yet, President Bush won the state of Ohio by 119,000 votes, and Democrats still cannot accept it.
* SCA on real estate ... and are you in the screwed category?
* Rice, "one of the most important foodstuffs on the planet", now improved?
* Japan : Nuke (info) leak ... blames virus; maybe they should not let that happen ...
* Wireless @ 1Gbps!
* How To : Make a night-vision camera
* Watcher’s Council : This week's winner is 'Beautiful Indifference', tears up the MSM see the MSM Hysteria pic below)
... and Rusty gets a nod for best non-member post : 'Kos Says U.S. Torture 'Equal' To that of Saddam Hussein' - GRAPHIC!
... both found via Rick (who summarizes these, and a few others)
* Thoughts on "Make Poverty History"
* Moonbats trying to get Secret Service to kill Bush, Cheney? ... weirdos
* A what in the cause of truth? ... indeed!
* Your gamers wants VR goggles
* Male sweat used to sell men's magazines to men?
* DC : Smokers' rights ... and how the entire council (excl 1) left the hearing as soon as it started ...
* Need to get up to speed on SANs? Go here!
* BBC also plays along with Iran's sham elections
* AntiCivilLibertiesUnion : Say NO to abstinence
* Minnesota : Al Qaeda indictment
* Islamofascism : 'One sentence that demonstrates precisely why we’re having a conflict' ...
It’s in the heart of every Muslim. We respect and we love (the Koran) more than our families
* Iraq : MoveOn-Morons say we are losing!
* Why the left doesn't understand W ... excellent and insightful; good work TMH!
* Schneier points us to the SHA-1-breaking cryptanalysis
* TigerHawk fisks Krugman
* '30 Days to a Supersized Lie' ... what, you wanted an honest documentary?
* Waiting for OOTS#198 ...
* Hillary in plane crash! ... the horror, the humanity ... she was uninjured though!
* True? / WHAT? : Christian 3way is OK?? ... found via BASIL ... who gets all the hot Christian chick-pairs ... or, atleast, also found this : Rove "apologizes" ...
I am sorry that I must tell my Democratic Party critics in general, and Senator Durbin in particular, to go ...... HA!
* True : USB Lava Lamp
* True : Dance Dance Revolution, but for martial artists
* Photoshop : Don't trust these doctors
* Pix from "PETA's Annual Earth Day Rib Roast, Lobster Feed, & Squirrel Hunt"
* UF : NetHack, the communist cancer retard?
* 100 grand?
* Could-be-True : A hypothetical future ... President Hillary, socialized medicine, unintended consequences and clones
* SCOTUS / Eminent Domain : 'DC Mayor To Bulldoze Ruth Bader Ginsberg's House For Homeless Shelter' ...
Ginsberg said she will "respect her own ruling" despite the fact that "I do not agree with it anymore."... found via Basil's Breakfast Round Up ... and SCOTUS being moved, to under the Executive Branch
... and Jody wants to get rid of some neighbors anyway
* ALP#126 ... what did you call me?
* 'Dems Cry Foul After Rove Doesn't Slam Troops'
* Caption these baseball players ...
* Photoshop : Skateboarder ... scroll down to the "2005-06-21 08:44:42 AM" one ... :)
Quote of the Day
Here’s a foolproof method for keeping America safe: Always do the exact 180-degree opposite of whatever Jimmy Carter says as quickly as possible.--thanks Ann Coulter, via TMH!
Constitutional Death Pool
First ... introducing The Bill of Rights ... something perhaps the SCOTUS should be introduced to? ... And now, to my entry for the pool :
Confirmed Dead :... that's my entry!
Amendment X - The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. Amendment V - No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
I believe these are already dead, or atleast coding & on life support :
Amendment VIII - Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
Amendment I - Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
On Deck, in order (my guess)
Amendment II - A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Amendment VI - In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.
Amendment IV - The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Amendment IX - The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
Amendment III - No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
Amendment VII - In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.