* KERRY : It is time for yet another KERRY-180 Tuesday! ... from Cao!
* Bloggers :
* Emails : So, I got two political emails today :
... one from Kilgore regarding his defeat of Kaine in the recent debates (good)
... and one from Kerry (how appropriate - on a Kerry-180 Tuesday!) trying to keep Nadagate alive (bad)
* NIF : I have removed almost all font tags ... using span, yea me! I also removed all italics, I think it's easier to read ... ?
... Although IE and Firefox display 'sub' radically different, dammit (So use Firefox!)
Quick Thoughts News * Interesting * Funny * Quote of the Day * Closing
* SCOTUS : Nominee to be named @ 9PM ET tonight ... UPDATE : ROBERTS
* Israel : 100k march to Gaza
... UPDATE : Breached police lines
... and Avi Farhan says he will trade in citizenship instead of moving! ... no disengagement for him!
* Philippines : Arroyo creating "Truth Commission" ... sounds a lot like the "Ministry of Propaganda" ... ?
* Iraq : "Zarqawi seems to have decided to pull out all the stops to sabotage the constitutional process"
* RIP : Retired Gen. William Westmoreland, 91 ... Vietnam is now over
* Cali : San Diego - acting-Mayor, Councilman convicted on accepting bribes ... Michael Zucchet, Ralph Inzunza = unemployed
* Cali : Death Valley hits 128 degrees ... that's why we have air conditioners
* Canada / Nuclear Korea / UselessNations : YET More Oil for Food Fiasco fallout ... found via Atlas Shrugs
* Germany : Businessman suspected of funding al-Qaeda has been freed ... dhimmitude?
* Egypt : Terrorist suspect cleared? ... dhimmitude??
* Tour de France : Armstrong looking good
* China : Embargo must continue ..."China needs to be more open, politically as well as economically"
Quick Thoughts * News Interesting * Funny * Quote of the Day * Closing
* SCOTUS / Eminent Domain : Petition to re-hear Kelo! ... maybe Souter's house is safe?
* Ron Reagan, Jr. : Gets mowed over again! ... WRT Berger, and remember the previous mow-over!
* People's Republic ofWashington (State) : Campaign Finance "reform" abuse, and media collusion? ... what First Amendment?
* Nadagate : The plot (around Valeria Plame) thickens ... those "who failed the US so terribly on 9/11 should have been fired"
... and "The left used to pride itself on blowing the identities of CIA agents and mucking up their operations"
... and how about this :
We need like a Capitol where Democrats can vote and think they're... and AIR refutes CNN's ridiculous ("How dumb do they think we are?") article
running the government while we all get the serious issues done
* Islamofascism : "Pakistan is country number one as a target for infiltration and manipulation by the Wahhabi sect" ... :
while London was busy recovering from the transit bombings, a leading figure in MMA, Akram Khan Durrani, was parading around Washington seeking a sympathetic ear. Durrani is the political ruler of Pakistan's North West Frontier Province (NWFP), on the border with Afghanistan. He was elected in 2002 on a simple platform: imposition of radical, Saudi- and Taliban-style sharia law, to be enforced by a religious police. He and his cohort are bloodthirsty bigots.... and how about these apples :It is supremely ironic that the survival of the Islamic world should hinge on an American victory in the War on Terror... or this : 'Jeff Edwards: Have you hugged an Islamonazi today?'
* Racism : (ex-)Black Panthers want to trademark "Burn Baby Burn" for a hot sauce ... I guess we should forget about the fires?!
* National Security : Quick pathogen detection
* MSM : 'CBS/Infinity Throws a Block for Islamic Terror' ... and Reuters is pretty cozy with terrorists too!
* Antarctica : 'Ice Shelf Collapse Reveals New Undersea World'
* Monkeys : Being taught to barter
* Poverty : When $40B still isn't enough to make some people happy ... and how to vilify the people you want help from
* Clintons : Hillary has nothing better to do than regulate video games?
... except maybe for pandering to Hispanics ... watch her virtual transformation continue!
* Brazil : Expects
* Lefties : 'Democrats reveal their contempt for voters' ... *ACE-linked*
* UK-07072005 : 'How to Lose a War on Terror'
* Technorati : More ZDNet vs MS/Scoble ... it just keeps going!
* Health : "The case for saying advertising is the cause of increasing obesity in children is pretty weak"
* Google : GMaps beats traffic ticket?
* Education : MIT on quest to produce a $100 laptop ... but can it play games??
* HTML : Multi-Target Hyperlinks
* Food Safety : Your fruits want a laser tattoo ... instead of annoying stickers
* Health / Genetics : Obesity, Diabetes - caused by defective gene? ... or a severe case of "IDon'tGetOffTheCouch'itis"
* Passwords : How secure is yours? ... or you could just email it to me, and I'll let you know :P
* Gore : Current, aka Gore-TV, will not be partisan ... and he invented Internet
* NASA : Shuttle - Hans has found the design flaw! .. and wants it fixed!
* Nebraska : Where "Smoking Meth, climbing into your 8m-old's playpen and killing her" = SIDS ... so terrible!
* Govt Employees : Raven is laughing' at you ... fear of the much-dreaded performance eval! (Hi Aaron!)
* Yemen : A back and forth, Vinnie vs "Islamotard"
* North Carolina : Where the 2004 election is almost
* USMC : Lineage and History thereof ...
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world.* MSM : "Gay reeducation camp" = fraud ... what media bias?
The Marines don’t have that problem
* Constitution : WizBang looks at the Second Amendment, part 1 ... and part 2 ... and the debate rages on
* Specter : 'Arlen Specter, political hack ... excuse me for being redundant'
* MS vs Google : Lawsuit ... Kai-Fu Lee meet Non-compete, Beyatch!
* Health : Double Diabetes?
* Basil : Phin is (luckily) doing all the heavy lifting over there today, having served up
... Breakfast - a pop "tart"
... Anniversary Congrats - and the real pic!
... Lunch - actual Basil style ...
Quick Thoughts * News * Interesting Funny * Quote of the Day * Closing
* SCOTUS : Rehnquist now ruling from Coma
* Paternity : Blue M&M files suit
* True : David Koepp tries to politicize War of the Worlds ... in Canada, so you know it was Anti-US
* True : Integras are the "most stolen car"
* Neat : Make a license plate ... like these :
... found via
Quick Thoughts * News * Interesting * Funny Quote(s) of the Day * Closing
* Moore (and "TancredoGate(?)") :
Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. - Lincoln--thanks
I wonder if Honest Abe was thinking of Michael Moore when he said that. -Me
* Please end Nadagate :
Ugh. The Plame games are making me ill. And it's not just the rhetoric on the left that is causing nausea. I am now seeing many of my friends on the right invoke the "John Kerry did it" card to pooh-pooh Rovegate.--thanks Michelle!
* Damn that Osama :
He's stuck us with 5 percent unemployment rate, over 1 million new jobs this year, an incredible shrinking budget deficit and record home ownership. At this rate, Osama is going to drive us all into the rich house.--thanks Blue State Conservative! ... found via Speed of Thought
* Islamofascism :
--thanks Dallas News! ... found via AIR
Call Them What They Are: Those who murder Iraqi civilians are terrorists Two words not uncommon to editorial pages are "resolve" and "sacrifice," especially as they relate to war. Today, this editorial board resolves to sacrifice another word –
"insurgent" – on the altar of precise language. No longer will we refer to
suicide bombers or anyone else in Iraq who targets and kills children and other innocent civilians as "insurgents."
The notion that these murderers in any way are nobly rising up against a
sitting government in a principled fight for freedom has become, on its face,
absurd. If they ever held a moral high ground, they sacrificed it weeks ago,
when they turned their focus from U.S. troops to Iraqi men, women and now
children going about their daily lives.
They drove that point home with chilling clarity Wednesday in a poor Shiite neighborhood. As children crowded around U.S. soldiers handing out candy and
toys in a gesture of good will, a bomb-laden SUV rolled up and exploded.
These children were not collateral damage. They were targets. The SUV driver was no insurgent. He was a terrorist. People who set off bombs on London trains are not insurgents. We would
never think of calling them anything other than what they are – terrorists.
Train bombers in Madrid? Terrorists. Chechen rebels who take over a Russian school and execute children? Terrorists. Teenagers who strap bombs to their chests and detonate them in an
Israeli cafe? Terrorists.
IRA killers? Basque separatist killers? Hotel bombers in Bali? Terrorists all. Words have meanings. Whether too timid, sensitive or "open-minded," we've resisted drawing a direct line between homicidal bombers everywhere else in
the world and the ones who blow up Iraqi civilians or behead aid workers.
No more. To call them "insurgents" insults every legitimate insurgency
in modern history. They are terrorists.
Quick Thoughts * News * Interesting * Funny * Quote of the Day Closing
... and check out who the KOSsacks want for Pres08!