* Symantec = ThreatCon at Level 2 :
Microsoft Word Malformed Document Font Processing Buffer Overflow Vulnerability Alert... more here ... so get to patching!
Microsoft Embedded ICC Profile Handling Buffer Overflow Vulnerability Alert
Microsoft Internet Explorer Javaprxy.DLL COM Object Instantiation Heap Overflow Vulnerability Exploit Alert
Microsoft Embedded ICC Profile Handling Buffer Overflow Vulnerability Analysis
... and, for good measure : Multiple Cisco CallManager Vulnerabilities
... (while you are at it - Firefox has 12 vulns ... that are fixed in 1.0.5 (direct link - Win*)
... and Oracle gets in on the fun too!
* One way to see a wide range of misc. articles is to go to a trackback party
... and please visit Jody the MuNu'ian, as she shares some linkie love (... cuttin' in on my action? jk)
... so head on over; I'll still be here when you are done ... of course, Blogger
* Minnesota : Airport evac'ed, bomb threat ... developing
* Iraq : 1 US GI (as well as 7 Iraqi kids and up to 16 others) killed by car bomb ... prayers & condolences
... and from Rusty :
What sort of God would sanction the mass killing of children? Just like Beslan last year, the terrorists, militants, insurgents, jihadists, or whatever you want to call them have once again proven that they are nothing but child murderers. They are despicable human scum.... meanwhile Citizens march against terror ... and no media coverage?
...Overwhelming evidence indicates that the Muslim religion has been hijacked by a cult of thugs who intentionally kill innocent civilians, many of them women and children. This fact alone should be enough to shake the typical believer's faith. ...Terrorists are criminals, plain and simple, waging a war against civilization and humanity. They have no loyalties save deathly violence. The grievances espoused by the terrorists are a mix of pick-any-card complaints that are impossible to satisfy because their real objective is the annihilation of all populations who are not subservient and enslaved to their death-mongering. Terrorists cannot be appeased, nor can they be satisfied. They will continue killing indiscriminately until they are exterminated.
... and Debunking more Anti-Iraq-War Myths ... found via NiceDoggie
* Islamofascism : Theo van Gogh's murderer "makes dramatic court room confession" ...
he acted out of his religious beliefs, saying he would do "exactly the same" if he were ever set free... so let's hope he never gets that opportunity!
... and another relevant quote (and good article) : "virulent ideology-masquerading-as-a-religion"
... or how about this, from Cao : "I don’t think we can ever have enough dead terrorists."
... or Chrenkoff adds :
Sick and twisted? Yes. Does it reflect Islam as practiced by hundreds of millions around the world? No. But it sheds useful light on the mentality and mindset of the people we're fighting against... or this, from
Freedom Of ___ ...
The source also states that bin Laden is looking to kill 4 million Americans, 2 million of those have to be children in order for him to consider it successful.... and EU talks, Australia sends troops ... and NOfP has a long (but excellent-as-always) post! ...
BBC pulls punches; radical Islam doesn't* Pakistan : Multi-train crash kills 118 ... condolences
* UK-07.07.2005 : UK Muslim Terrorist Bombers Identified ... well, 3 of them (and no permalink) ...
Edgware Road Bomber: Mohammed Sidique Khan, 30... and RottyPup has lots of thoughts on this ... what media bias?
Tavistock Square Bus Bomber: Hasib Hussain, 19
Aldgate bomber: Shehzad Tanweer, 22
... and 'Police hunt possible master bomber' ... our thoughts and prayers are still all of those affected
* Iran : Student protests!
... and Hans has some thoughts
* Extreme Blood shortage ... so, GO GIVE BLOOD (I am giving platelets Monday)
... found via BlackFive ... whose T shirt I am wearing right now
* Rwanda : Assailants Burn 39 to Death
... and from Basil - "News of Live8 obviously hasn't reached Rwanda yet" ... (and yes, you must read his site 3+ times per day)
* Canada : Google to be made illegal? ... I thought it was just China that was trying to break the Internet ...
* NASA : No launch today! ... defective sensor :(
* SCOTUS : Rehnquist + hospital trip ... "fever" ... prayers
* MCI : Ebbers + 25 years in jail, and forced to sell-off lots of property! ... about time CEOs are held SERIOUSLY accountable!
* Sprint, Nextel - hooking up ... approved by shareholders
* McCain stars in raunchy film to impress his kids? ... really interesting as he also "once held hearings chastising Hollywood studios for producing R- rated films and marketing them to teens"
* Philippines : More marches calling for Arroyo's ouster
* UK not Israel :( : Tony Blair's Anti-Semitic Sin of Omission
* Kenya : 22 children murdered ... and no media coverage?
* Saddam + al Qaida, the proof ...
Since the fall of Saddam, the U.S. has had extraordinary access to documents of the former Baathist regime, and is still sifting through millions of them. Messrs. Hayes and Joscelyn take some of what is already available, combined with other reports, documentation and details, some from before the overthrow of Saddam, some after. For page after page, they list connections--with names, dates and details such as the longstanding relationship between Osama bin Laden's top deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri, and Saddam's regime.... found via DoublePlusGoodInfotainment
...Messrs. Hayes and Joscelyn raise, with good reason, the question of why Saddam gave haven to Abdul Rahman Yasin, one of the men who in 1993 helped make the bomb that ripped through the parking garage of the World Trade Center. They detail a contact between Iraqi intelligence and several of the Sept. 11 hijackers in Malaysia, the year before al Qaeda destroyed the twin towers. They recount the intersection of Iraqi and al Qaeda business interests in Sudan, via, among other things, an Oil for Food contract negotiated by Saddam's regime with the al-Shifa facility that President Clinton targeted for a missile attack following the African embassy bombings because of its apparent connection to al Qaeda. And there is plenty more. ...Mr. Bush, in calling attention to the Iraq-al Qaeda connection in the first place, did the right thing
* Illegal Immigration : MadTech goes audio! (direct link to .MP3) ... and the rest of his podcasts are here
* US might just meet W's budget deficit reduction goals ahead of schedule
... a good economy (not higher taxes) is how this happens!
... oh yeah, and suck that, Mssrs Kerry, Dean & Kos+ :P
... and Ace has a great quote :
Don't get me wrong. Chimphitler McHalliburton still spends too much of America's money. But-- the improving economy is boosting tax receipts. And that, as it did in the 1990's, shrinks the deficit.... NICE! And Unemployment is @ 5%! ... "averaged 5.8 percent in the 90s and 7.3 percent in the 80s"
* 'Groningen Redux' ... "When is the killing of helpless infants justified and when should it be considered infanticide?"
* SCOTUS : Senate Dems (read : obstructionists) fight for MORE THAN unprecedented levels of "consultation"
* DHS +1 Reorg ... and
Two senior department officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity because Chertoff has not yet made his announcement, said he would lay out a road map and short-term markers. His areas of focus include preparing for the most devastating kinds of terrorist attacks, securing transportation modes other than aviation, improving screening technology, and rolling out a "new game plan" for border protection and immigration later this year... while I have reservations about anonymous sources, I hope that atleast the border part is accurate!
* Russian nukes in the US, terrorists looking ... and Tancredo (R-Colo) is digging
* EU : Raids Intel offices
* Thoughts on cel-phone-controlled bombs, their prevention and a contradiction
* Rove : Applying Occam's Razor ... "it looks more and more like Wilson exploited his wife's position"
... and 'Dems want another Watergate at Rove's expense'
... found via AW who also brings us Karl Rove's Leak :)
* ESCR : Back in the news, legislature ... let's hope they do this right, and get :
embryonic stem cell legislation that does not destroy budding human life* "I think PABBIS (Parents Against Bad Books In School) is a little too interested in in "bad" books"
* Kender has some news! ... a special caller to his radio show this Friday!
* PuppyBlender, on 'Security, real and imaginary' ... hint : take responsibility for your own security!
... and TAotB says " You have both a RIGHT and a RESPONSIBILITY to protect yourself."
* US Space Command urges military control of the (5) LaGrange Points
* HowTo : Install SSH, SFTP servers on Win* .. in case you didn't know ...
* Xmail Hard Drive ... use GMail as storage! (again)
* The Scent of a
* GetByMail - "remote access and file sharing by mail software." ... yeah, there is no way I am going to run that!
... but please let me know what you think :P
* I would weigh less than 100lbs on Mercury! ...
and don't forget to see the whole collection of Online Conversions
* Illegal Immigration : one of Mexico's most dangerous criminals was arrested ... wanna guess where he was arrested?
... So, tell me again how illegal immigrants aren't a problem
... (and until someone can honestly tell me that, I will just keep repeating "A nation that cannot secure her borders is not secure")
* Ace found an article about a planet with 3 suns! ... neat!* AntiCivilLibertiesUnion : Makrothumeo shares some nitty-gritty (cough) torture details
* UselessNations : "The entire entity is useless and corrupt."
* MS : Safe blogging ... thanks Randy!
* Moore : EPPC's rebuttal of F9/11 ... that's for you, John! ... and speaking of 9/11 : another look, Oliver Stone style
* Israel : A military injustice ...
Anyone who knows me knows that I am a die-hard, pro-Israel person. I do not believe they should give up any of their land, and I don’t feel that Israel has anything to apologize for. Knowing that, you can understand why this story is important to me.... quite right!
* Kennedy (Bat, Moon) rants against Santorum ... for an article authored by the latter THREE YEARS AGO ...
the phrase "Glass Houses" comes to mind any time I hear the word "irresponsible" pass through Teddy's lips* AntiCivilLibertiesUnion : 'Tax Deductions And The ACLU'
...Santorum has a point. Priests ARE affected by the culture in which they live
* DaisyCutter brings us a "hypothetical" journey ... Note:
This DC exclusive mini-series is inspired by those contend that Pres. Bush is a “war criminal, that the Iraq War is “illegal”, “unjust”, “the wrong war at the wrong time”, “ill-advised”, etc., but nonetheless claim they “support our troops.” This series is fictional, but it is based upon current events. Any resemblance between any character herein and/or between current world events is not designed to impugn the patriotism of any Leftist … as we know that the Left loves the military, “supports the troops” and it is completely outlandish to even imply otherwise.... having said that, and without further adieu :
... Part 1 and Part 2 ... truly amazing, and to be continued!
... and, in the spirit on DaisyCutter's "NOTE" above :
... Yes, let's take a look at just how the "Left supports the troops"
... and 'Democrats still using US soldiers as political pinatas'
* True : Mariah Carey loses clothes, on stage
* CBS to (cough - Rathergate) bring credibility to Blogs!
... and they are already denying pajama theft!
* True : Another Radio "gag' prize results in lawsuit ... Hummer H2
* SCOTUS / WTW : Basil has found the right kind of judge! ... and I agree, so click & read!
* An interview with
* So, you wanna take a ride in an F14? ...
Those 20 minutes were the rush of my life. Unfortunately, the ride lasted 80. It was like being on the roller coaster at Six Flags Over Hell. Only without rails. We did barrel rolls, sap rolls, loops, yanks and banks. We dived, rose and dived again, sometimes with a vertical velocity of 10,000 feet per minute. We chased another F-14, and it chased us. We broke the speed of sound. Sea was sky and sky was sea. Flying at 200 feet we did 90-degree turns at 550 mph, creating a G force of 6.5, which is to say I felt as if 6.5 times my body weight was smashing against me, thereby approximating life as Mrs. Colin Montgomerie. And I egressed the bananas. I egressed the pizza from the night before. And the lunch before that. I egressed a box of Milk Duds from the sixth grade. I made Linda Blair look polite.... I would SO BE THERE, so if anyone of my 4-8 readers has that kind of hook-up ... found via MyView
* True :
* The Alliance of Free Blogs : IMAO's amusing "Empire Strikes Back" ... mine is here
Quote of the Day
"non partisan" ... :
NAACP Chairman Julian Bond attacks President, Bear defecates in woods--thanks Federalist Journal!
Cows can solve the illegal immigration problem? ... :
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that our government can track a cow born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she sleeps in the state of Washington And they tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country. Maybe we should give them all a cow.--thanks Aaron (via email)!
"This is how you deal with hateful, jihad-preaching Islamosupremacists who are exploiting the freedoms of your nation" :Ali al-Timimi, a professor in his 40s from the Dar al-Arqam Islamic Center was sentenced to life in prison by an Alexandria, Virginia, court for attempting to recruit for Afghanistan's extremist Taliban militia