5/31/2011

Not the best way to end a month ... a letter from HR saying:

(And I quote, with just the company name elided:)
Due to legal action recently taken against {my employer} by a governmental authority, beyond our control, {my employer} is unable to continue normal operations. {my employer} will try to reverse the adverse effects of this action as quickly as possible.

However, in light of these developments, {my employer} is terminating the services of its employees and consultants effective today, May 31, 2011. We are making every effort to place you with an appropriate successor to minimize the disruption of the performance of your services and we will keep you advised of developments. For those of you on H-1B visas and Greencard processing we will work with the immigration attorneys to ensure a smooth transition to other potential employers.

If you are in a billable assignment, to provide continuous support to the clients, you are requested to work directly with them and identify means to continue to work on the project. We will encourage the other entities to facilitate that transition. For non-billable employees, ADP will send the COBRA information for health insurance, and we will keep you posted on developments.

We thank you for your cooperation and your past service to {my employer}.

Regards,

Human Resources
{my employer}
Publicly available info here ... see what I did there?

No comments: